Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Wants Catchweight Bout Against Josh Taylor, With Both Undisputed Titles at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teo, shut up please.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

Good post, but you mean DLH-Hopkins at 158. Tito-Hopkins was not a CW.
      Really? I remember the Tito fight being at 156. Did you check? Otherwise, I stand corrected. Thank you.

Comment

When Teo said after beating Loma "before Mayweather was money he was pretty boy" i thought we had a young star on the horizon who like pretty boy would take lower money to make the fight's that matter.
        I couldn't have been more wrong.
        Despite technically being undesputed is he?
        Year's (it feels like) wasted doing nothing since chasing money that isn't there.
        Now this rediculous idea. Does he even know how weight
        divisions work?
        Just a division full of ducks.

Comment

You know there was a Taylor that was once 'undisputed' : Jermain Taylor was his name ; he fought a rising and promising young 25 year old American contender 'The Ghost' Kelly Pavlik from Youngstown in 2007, and got sparked in their first meeting, then at a catchweight just above the middleweight limit got schooled in the rematch.

Like Jermain Taylor, Josh is very clumsy and lacks proper boxing skills. As such, experts have found it hard to believe that these two accomplished soo much in boxing. I happen to be one of these pundits, as you may have already figured out by my valuable contributions to the boxingscene.

I see Teofimo Lopez doing to Josh Taylor what Kelly Pavlik did to Jermain Taylor, ruin him.

Side Note : can you all believe that Sergio Martinez who schooled Kelly Pavlik fought last week on a comeback?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            You know there was a Taylor that was once 'undisputed' : Jermain Taylor was his name ; he fought a rising and promising young 25 year old American contender 'The Ghost' Kelly Pavlik from Youngstown in 2007, and got sparked in their first meeting, then at a catchweight just above the middleweight limit got schooled in the rematch.

Like Jermain Taylor, Josh is very clumsy and lacks proper boxing skills. As such, experts have found it hard to believe that these two accomplished soo much in boxing. I happen to be one of these pundits, as you may have already figured out by my valuable contributions to the boxingscene.

I see Teofimo Lopez doing to Josh Taylor what Kelly Pavlik did to Jermain Taylor, ruin him.

Side Note : can you all believe that Sergio Martinez who schooled Kelly Pavlik fought last week on a comeback?
            Bold 1: I remember it like it happened yesterday.

Bold 2: I don't like Taylor at all but, to stay objective, I don't see anything like that happening.
            I can see that happening with Davis-Taylor at 140. Lopez is all talk.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-03-2021, 12:45 PM.
            Mr.NiceGuy Mr.NiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

He's not, unless he beats both Davis and Haney. The WBC belt is now reduced to the WBA regular. All his peers dispute his claim. Davis would starch this pretender. Screw all the belts.
              I agree that Teo needs to beat Haney to be considered undisputed, but Stank too. Lol lol that’s a joke right?

Stank Davis is the king of interim and secondary titles. With all the titles he’s held he had never held a link to being undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post

I agree that Teo needs to beat Haney to be considered undisputed, but Stank too. Lol lol that’s a joke right?

Stank Davis is the king of interim and secondary titles. With all the titles he’s held he had never held a link to being undisputed.
                Use the fighter's proper name or have a nice day. I don't usually address people like you. Don't waste time responding.
                Playboy 702 Playboy 702 Verus Verus like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

He's not, unless he beats both Davis and Haney. The WBC belt is now reduced to the WBA regular. All his peers dispute his claim. Davis would starch this pretender. Screw all the belts.
                  Any of those fights would be awesome. Floyd would get in the way of Davis vs Lopez, however. He said only in-house fights. But he could change his mind for the Lopez fight. We’d get to see what kind of chin Is on Teo.

Haney vs Lopez would be awesome. I think that style matchup favors Haney, so long as he doesn’t get clipped. I can see Haney winning a clear victory on points as well as seeing Teo get a KO.

Comment

Davis won only 2 regular titles. Let's keep things in perspective. Now look where those titles have placed him. He can fight either Lopez or Taylor whenever he wants. I don't think he cares much about these corrupt belts.
                    Playboy 702 Playboy 702 likes this.

Comment

So Teo, who has been talking about how he needs to move up to 140lbs soon is willing to go to 139lbs and want Taylor, who has been talking about moving up from 140lbs to 147lbs, to put all his titles on the line at a lower catchweight, while Teo will offer to put all his on the line, knowing that they cannot be on the line above the weight limit to which they apply?

Comment

Working...
                      X