Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Will Have To Make Fundamental Changes, Do A lot More To Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think AJ's chin was a problem. Being slow & predictable & boxing a boxer were the problems. I must admit, I was pleased he came in light. Now I think, you idiot, he should've come in big, like 18 stone, & bullied Usyk. Hindsight, eh! Whether he should move from McCracken is, obviously, another conversation. Could another trainer get more out of AJ &, if so, who? Does Breadman fancy it? He never seems to have trained a h/w.

Comment

nah, Usyk has his number. A very bad matchup for AJ.

Comment

Edward was showing his true colours today saying that we maybe should have swerved Usyk .....like they did Wilder ...

Comment

Recently, we saw Bob Arum losing money due to the contractual agreement he had in place with Crawford. I'm wondering how much Hearn will lose on this new contract with Joshua when at 36 - reduced to a disgusting prostitute of the sport - he will have to pay him large amounts to get knocked out by lesser opponents. People are right - Joshua is a deer in the headlights. Which is so intriguing to watch. A little bit like David Price - just so exquisitely vulnerable. The psychological capitulation is fascinating to see play out. I'm not sure it's going to sell out stadiums for that long.

Comment

aj hears this interview and in his head says stfu eddie u are not a trainer

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              Edward was showing his true colours today saying that we maybe should have swerved Usyk .....like they did Wilder ...
              Wilder would have flattened him very quickly last night
              Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

Has he ever seen footage of Ali or Robinson? That is how to move around the ring. At 31, it's a bit late to learn footwork. What about the punch and clinch? I hate to watch that style of boxing, but it may be Joshua's only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                  I didn't think AJ's chin was a problem. Being slow & predictable & boxing a boxer were the problems. I must admit, I was pleased he came in light. Now I think, you idiot, he should've come in big, like 18 stone, & bullied Usyk. Hindsight, eh! Whether he should move from McCracken is, obviously, another conversation. Could another trainer get more out of AJ &, if so, who? Does Breadman fancy it? He never seems to have trained a h/w.
                  Never saw Usyk bullied to any success in any of his fights notwithstanding the opponent.
                  Whenever they attempt to bully he bullies back two times.
                  In fact, the guy plainly walked over dozens of legit hard-hitters that packed as much punch as AJ does.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    Fundamental changes, like a 16 foot ring?
                    Wouldn’t even matter, Usyk met him in the middle and walked him down too when he wanted

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
                      you can't fix punch resistance, and if Joshua continues he'll become HW Khan. Everyone saw he gets wobbled every fight, only it took Ruiz to totally expose it. The funny thing is, during his after fight interview in the ring, Usyk revealed that his coaches told him not to go for the KO, so even when Uysk wasn't throwing bombs, it still hurt Joshua enough to keep Joshua fearful. And Usyk isn't a heavy hitter to begin with, that's how bad Joshua's punch resistance is. Yeah it might be in the realm of pseudoscience, but Joshua's head shape (long and thin, similar to Khan's) isn't built to take shots. Compared to giant Olmec heads like James Toney lol
                      There might be something to the head shape. It’s not even that both have glass chins, it’s both have the worst recovery time I’ve ever seen.

I guess Khan’s wife likes that look though, seeing as she banged both

Comment

Working...
                      X