Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of don’t agree with the numbers. Joshua I feel didn’t land that many punches.

Comment

I thought that 7th round was important for Usyk. As Jones was saying on commentary; Joshua had adjusted somewhat, stopped loading up so much and concentrated on landing more, while going downstairs. Usyk broke up any momentum Joshua was building with that strong 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        I thought that 7th round was important for Usyk. As Jones was saying on commentary; Joshua had adjusted somewhat, stopped loading up so much and concentrated on landing more, while going downstairs. Usyk broke up any momentum Joshua was building with that strong 7th.
        AJ never had any momentum. He stood there flat footed throwing arm punches all night. Overrated British bum.
        Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

The fight seemed more lopsided than the stats suggest. Maybe because even when Joshua landed he was so off balance he was just throwing arm punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post

AJ never had any momentum. He stood there flat footed throwing arm punches all night. Overrated British bum.
            At no point was he in control of the narrative of the fight. But he won 3 of the 4 rounds from 5-8 on all 3 judges scorecards. He made adjustments and won a stretch of rounds that got him back into the fight, it was close on the cards at that point. The 7th was a strong Usyk round, it broke up that Joshua stretch. He made his own adjustments and put Joshua back in his box, so to speak. Then came that Usyk clean sweep in the final third of the fight.

As for the 'bum' comment. I'll leave the 'edgy' trolling to you. I've been on here too long to get involved with that stuff.
            Last edited by Chrismart; 09-26-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I felt the fight was quite easy to score. Usyk swept the first 4, Joshua won 5 and 6, Usyk won 7, Joshua 8, Usyk the last 4. 117-111 Usyk, with 116-112 being the best case scenario for Joshua. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                I felt the fight was quite easy to score. Usyk swept the first 4, Joshua won 5 and 6, Usyk won 7, Joshua 8, Usyk the last 4. 117-111 Usyk, with 116-112 being the best case scenario for Joshua. Nash out.
                agreed. I thought there was a few shots Usyk could have pressured more and finished it. But great fight.
                Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

I'll have to go to scoring school. First 4 rounds, I split them. Usyk 1st and 3rd, Joshua 2nd and 4th. 4th was tight.
                    Middle 3rd of fight I have Joshua the 5th 6th and 8th. Usyk the 7th.
                    Usyk swept the last 4 rounds and I gave him a 10-8 in the 12th because I thought the ropes held him up. 115-112 usyk
                    I'll add that I had a few cans of beer so that might have skewed my judging. I'll watch it again tonight

Comment

AJ should have done better. He was obviously gun-shy. He ought to have been ruthless and bullish from round one. He ought to have gone more to the body of Usyk. You can't outpoint a boxing wizard. He should've impose himself on Usyk early by firing from all cylinders! That's only way to beat a man this good.

I see Usyk beat everyone on the HW division; Fury and Wilder inclusive.

Comment

Working...
                      X