Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Usyk really have a big chance against AJ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Usyk really have a big chance against AJ?

Seems like the closer we get to the AJ vs Usyk Showdown, more emphasis on how good Usyk is is becoming more and more prevalent.
    So much talk and emphasis on Usyk being mentored or trained by Loma's dad, clips of Usyk sparring with 2 fighters in the ring etc.

Is it more hype with Usyk in this fight or do you think Usyk has a really good chance in beating AJ?

Your thoughts.

YES-UD wide--but he will probably get robbed
    Pigeons, NC Uppercut and RENE JUNIOR like this.

Comment

I will assume he has a chance. He is highly skilled, Olympic Gold medalist, beat the best at Cruiserweight. Anything is possible.

Many fans, for months now, non-stop, are falsely saying he has a chance because “small”, 268lb Ruiz KO’ed AJ. So 220lb Usyk should be able to as well because Usyk at 6’3” is the same “size” as 6’3” Ruiz. Because we all know that height is the deciding factor in size and power. It’s absolutely not weight.

Ignoring the fact that Ruiz had 21lbs on AJ in the first fight. Many fans are confusing height with being big or small. But boxing does not have height classes. Boxing does not match fighters based off of their height. They are called weight classes.

The JMW and MW divisions better brace themselves for 6’6” Sebastian Fundora with his massive power.

Yes, Ruiz stopped AJ. Wlad dropped AJ. Ruiz was bigger than AJ. Wlad weighed 240lbs vs AJ’s 250lbs. 10lb different is okay. When you start talking about 20lbs and up, things start changing. I think it will be something that many fans will snap out of during the fight. They will see the weight/mass disparity in the ring and start changing their minds when they Usyk’s skills can’t overcome the massive size advantage. This is not the 70s-90s anymore, where 6’3”, 220lbs was a good height and weight at HW. You would be a giant. Like Foreman and Ali were. But that is no longer the case.
      REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

I think so yeah. Don’t get me wrong, AJ is the favourite based on the size difference and how Usyk hasn’t looked all that convincing at HW yet. However Usyk definitely has the technical capabilities and athleticism to outbox AJ. He also boxes at a high enough pace to test AJ’s glaring stamina issues. Whether that’s enough to beat the naturally bigger and more powerful Joshua, I’m not so sure, I’m kind of 50/50 on this one tbh, I’m slightly leaning towards AJ but not a confident pick by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I will assume he has a chance. He is highly skilled, Olympic Gold medalist, beat the best at Cruiserweight. Anything is possible.

Many fans, for months now, non-stop, are falsely saying he has a chance because “small”, 268lb Ruiz KO’ed AJ. So 220lb Usyk should be able to as well because Usyk at 6’3” is the same “size” as 6’3” Ruiz. Because we all know that height is the deciding factor in size and power. It’s absolutely not weight.

Ignoring the fact that Ruiz had 21lbs on AJ in the first fight. Many fans are confusing height with being big or small. But boxing does not have height classes. Boxing does not match fighters based off of their height. They are called weight classes.

The JMW and MW divisions better brace themselves for 6’6” Sebastian Fundora with his massive power.

Yes, Ruiz stopped AJ. Wlad dropped AJ. Ruiz was bigger than AJ. Wlad weighed 240lbs vs AJ’s 250lbs. 10lb different is okay. When you start talking about 20lbs and up, things start changing. I think it will be something that many fans will snap out of during the fight. They will see the weight/mass disparity in the ring and start changing their minds when they Usyk’s skills can’t overcome the massive size advantage. This is not the 70s-90s anymore, where 6’3”, 220lbs was a good height and weight at HW. You would be a giant. Like Foreman and Ali were. But that is no longer the case.
          Very well said.
          I mean, I have not been convinced much at all at Usyk's performances at HW against Witherspoon and Chisora in order to beat someone of AJ's caliber.
          I got AJ winning quite clearly either by KO or UD.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            I think so yeah. Don’t get me wrong, AJ is the favourite based on the size difference and how Usyk hasn’t looked all that convincing at HW yet. However Usyk definitely has the technical capabilities and athleticism to outbox AJ. He also boxes at a high enough pace to test AJ’s glaring stamina issues. Whether that’s enough to beat the naturally bigger and more powerful Joshua, I’m not so sure, I’m kind of 50/50 on this one tbh, I’m slightly leaning towards AJ but not a confident pick by any means.
            Good points man.
            However, many overlook and ignore Usyk looked to be gassing out against old washed up Chisora around half way through the fight also. Very lackluster, many are ignoring that point. I got AJ winning quite convincingly.
            But if Usyk wins hey, awesome.

Comment

Yea, he has a chance. It amazes me people really think he doesnt. Its like they have never watched boxing at all, its is the theatre of the unexpected. Joshua is the favorite for a reason obviously but he can be out boxed and he can be hurt, he is human. Joshua is still a developing fighter even at 31. He has had 23 fights and a short amateur career, he is not a grizzled veteran who has seen it all. I have alot of respect for AJ for the way he has pursued his career. He got in there early and has taken his lumps along with the accolades.

Comment

Originally posted by RENE JUNIOR View Post

Good points man.
                However, many overlook and ignore Usyk looked to be gassing out against old washed up Chisora around half way through the fight also. Very lackluster, many are ignoring that point. I got AJ winning quite convincingly.
                But if Usyk wins hey, awesome.
                Yeah I’m not actually sure the added weight will help him for those reasons. It naturally reduces mobility and stamina, which are two of his better assets at HW IMO.

The pace of the fight will be very important IMO, whoever controls that likely wins I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by RENE JUNIOR View Post

Very well said.
                  I mean, I have not been convinced much at all at Usyk's performances at HW against Witherspoon and Chisora in order to beat someone of AJ's caliber.
                  I got AJ winning quite clearly either by KO or UD.
                  I agree.

I think Usyk has a chance, he is an elite fighter. I just disagree with the whole “Small Ruiz did it, Usyk can too.”

That reasoning is off. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

Usyk can win due to a few reasons, but none of those reasons are that “Small Ruiz beat him.” Lol. Andy Ruiz is far from “small”. And height does not determine who is small/big.

Andy Ruiz of the AJ fight has almost 50lbs on Usyk. Lol, it’s just plain wrong to call Ruiz small. And to use Ruiz’s performance to say that’s why Usyk has a chance. It’s nuts. Usyk can very well pull it off. But it will not be because Ruiz was able to do it. It would be a totally different reason.

Comment

If you don't think Usyk has a chance, then you must really rate Joshua.

Usyk is a top level fighter. It's that simple.

Honestly, I get sick of some of the fools on this forum. They don't even believe what they post. Everyone knows this is one of the very few proper heavyweight fights you get.

It's a shame they can't put their agendas to one side and just appreciate the fight that's been made.

Comment

Working...
                    X