No announcement yet.

I wonder what is Canelo`s fight after Plant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

Only way Canelo gets down to 160 is cutting off a limb!................................Forget that!

Canelo has often talked of not wanting to fight "El Bandera Roja" can't imagine why. Canelo claims he does not want to fight is country man?

Me thinks it's the 6′ 2″ height and the 77 in (196 cm) reach advantage compared to Canelo's 5'9" (LOL) and his 70 reach and the fact that
    "El Bandera Roja" is 24 and Canelo is is 31.
    lrrYYa.gif
    I think Benavidez can beat Canelo in a few years, but not now. If he waits Canelo to age a little, he can beat 35 old Canelo.
    TJ highway likes this.

Comment

I think Canelo's next fight will depend on a several factors that happen after Plant. Does GGG beat Murata in December? If so, then a third fight at 168 is possible. How well does the Plant PPV do? If it ends up being very profitable then I can see a fight at 168 with Charlo.

Barring these two options, I'd probably go with Bivol at 175. It's an easy fight to make. I believe Beterbiev is aligned with Top Rank and I can't recall Canelo ever working with Bob before (not to say he can't but easy to negotiate fights after you've established trust from previous working relationship).

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

I think Benavidez can beat Canelo in a few years, but not now. If he waits Canelo to age a little, he can beat 35 old Canelo.
        This can be true, but in a few years Benavidez will struggle even more to make the super-middleweight limit, that would benefit canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
          Beterbiev.

Okay no, probably not, but we can dream.
          I think eventually he will fight him.... I mean who else he Gon fight in two years?

Comment

I think it could be charlo

Comment

I’m guessing next cinco de Mayo canelo fights a PBC ppv against Charlo or Benavidez or goes to DAZN for GGG 3.

Comment

Plant rematch. He'll lose to Plant

Comment

If Canelo beats Plant I'm guessing he will fight anybody but Benavidez

Comment

My guess is some type of stay busy fight after Plant, followed by GGG fight. Depending on how GGG looks vs Murata, Canelo has to feel that is the biggest money/lowest risk fight right now.

Comment

He’s going to fight Golovkin at 168 after Plant.

Comment

Working...
                      X