Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-JoJo Diaz Bout Remains In Discussion; WBC Approves As Final Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smh these guys can keep avoiding each other. They know Lopez is the man n they waiting for him to drop the belts so they can go for em. Seems like they're content not fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Seems Loma would rather fight Commey? For some reason, nobody wants Haney, and I think it has more to do with MatchRoom, than Haney! For instance, why isn't Munguia fighting Andrade for the WBO title?
      [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

They dont want to know!

Comment

So Vargas doesn't want the Russell fight now? That's a shame. I didn't expect it to be exciting or a war but was interested to see how that one played out

Comment

They both already fought in eliminators to fight for Haney's title.Is this a double elimination type of thing. WBC need to be shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by redruff View Post
            They both already fought in eliminators to fight for Haney's title.Is this a double elimination type of thing. WBC need to be shut down.
            The problem is nobody respect that email WBC belt Haney has. He can claim he is the WBC champ but the guy never beat a actual champion to get it.

sad state at the 135lb division, I say the networks need to put their foot down and only ask for fights that will actually matter. How stupid are these networks broadcasting and paying for meaningless fights??

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

The problem is nobody respect that email WBC belt Haney has. He can claim he is the WBC champ but the guy never beat a actual champion to get it.
              Get out of here with that. Many fighters have been elevated without fighting anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Wasn't it obvious?

Lol even if they hadn't requested this fight as a final eliminator what do you think the wbc was gonna do? You think they were gonna take a possible future cash cow in ryan and a popular fighter in Diaz off their rankings?
                If Haney doesn't get to beat them no matter. Someone else will. Diaz is too small and Garcia is the weakest link in the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
                  I can't say this is some slight on Haney. Jo Jo never received a contract from Haney (so he says). But if this is the WBC slighting Haney, then Haney can blame his dad for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Mauricio's payback for Bill's perpetuating the narrative that Loma or Teofimo ducked Haney because Haney was the mandatory. If you only knew the extent of BS spewing from Bill Haney's mouth and his dragging Mauricio into that heaping pile of manure, then you would completely understand. This could be the WBC's way of sending a message to the Haneys. "If you keep up with the nonsense, then we'll stick you in purgatory."
                  Yeah that Mauricio is a stand up guy ain't he though?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    Zero interest in this one, one of them should be fighting Haney. My prediction: Garcia wins & then fights Gamboa or something
                    But why?

I thought JoJo Diaz was like a favorite around here not long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Yeah that Mauricio is a stand up guy ain't he though?
                      Well, I'm not a fan of Mauricio suctioning the title bout of Valdez. That was bad. But with the Haney thing, there's past history of Haney asking for buckets of money when the opponent is remotely interesting. Asking for wads of cash is the new way of avoiding fights now. And from the reports, DHP is notorious for pricing Devin out of fights. I like Haney. I think he's a good boxer. But I don't like how he goes about things. He clout chases a lot. He says things that end up being contradicted. And if it's true that Jo Jo never got a contract for Haney, then I can't see what the issue is. You know?

And that's how I see this. Garcia and Jo Jo are with GBP. The fight is cheaper to put on, without a doubt. Garcia was gong to fight Tank, but now that Tank is only fighting in-house guys, it seems that it's in GBP's best interest to kill two birds with one stone and get Garcia and Jo Jo to fight. If Haney has made the right offer to Jo Jo, then I'm sure the fight would have been made. But it appears that no offer was ever made. So that's that.

Comment

Working...
                      X