No announcement yet.

A purely technical analysis of Wilder versus Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

There are incredible trainers these days. Its more the total routine than any one exerscize... One of the best fights to see how that works is Hollyfield versus Tyson. Don Turner taught him how to push against the "third leg" lol, the place where we are triangulated and could use a third leg. Holly could listen (like the one time he boxed against Bowe and won). He overcome the usual habit one has of avoiding a puncher trying to take your head off and went right into Tyson pushing him when he set to throw. Wilder would need strength and weight But could do something similar... though Holly and Tyson were similar sized.
    Did you see that fight between Holyfield and Belfort. I picked Holyfield but I thought the fight was stopped way to soon ,I thought going into the third Holyfield would catch his flow at 58 . Yes it’s a gamble with these type fights but ? IDK being in my early 50”s I thought Holyfield looked the part despite the stoppage he parried most shots and it was a given he would stall on counters .

Holyfield had the great Steward in his corner when he defeated Bowe . Holyfield’s one weak spot was the uppercut,Tyson hit him with just one and buckled him ,I’m sure Vitor knew that ,he side stepped Holyfield and landed the same shot . It’s why I favor a more accurate MIke Tyson over Holyfield .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-15-2021, 10:10 PM.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Did you see that fight between Holyfield and Belfort. I picked Holyfield but I thought the fight was stopped way to soon ,I thought going into the third Holyfield would catch his flow at 58 . Yes it’s a gamble with these type fights but ? IDK being in my early 50”s I thought Holyfield looked the part despite the stoppage he parried most shots and it was a given he would stall on counters .

Holyfield had the great Steward in his corner when he defeated Bowe . Holyfield’s one weak spot was the uppercut,Tyson hit him with just one and buckled him ,I’m sure Vitor knew that ,he side stepped Holyfield and landed the same shot . It’s why I favor a more accurate MIke Tyson over Holyfield .
      Lol. I agree with that, I understand the logic that he was old and they were watching out... But if your going to let the guy fight... Let him fight. He was protecting himself, and did not look in peril. Holy never got a chance to show what he was capable of...

Tyson at his best was a different fighter. Holy caught him at a good time, but it was not the best version of Tyson. Even in his losses... Tyson hit Douglas with that as well. Belfort did land that shot, and then might have been smart enough to realize he could get a stoppage if he just went at him lol.

Comment

Lol. I agree with that, I understand the logic that he was old and they were watching out... But if your going to let the guy fight... Let him fight. He was protecting himself, and did not look in peril. Holy never got a chance to show what he was capable of...

Tyson at his best was a different fighter. Holy caught him at a good time, but it was not the best version of Tyson. Even in his losses... Tyson hit Douglas with that as well. Belfort did land that shot, and then might have been smart enough to realize he could get a stoppage if he just went at him lol.
        This is definitely the one post we agree 100% . I never said you weren’t smart just the pursuit you did , hopefully we can keep the edgy rival without disrespect, I look forward to our picks .we disagree with but the recent discussions tells me you are very astute in boxing no need to drill each other but I’d still like to do a friendly bet just to see if you want ? That bet being just congratulations to who gets the right picks say 10 first ? Starting with Usyk vs AJ and friendly discussions afterwards .

Comment

[QUOTE=billeau2;n31087829]This thread is an attempt to avoid all the drama, insinuations, etc involving this fight. If you must, go ahead, but let's try to stick to the issue of HOW either guy will win this fight.

Feel free to discuss key points to victory as well.

I will start: Wilder was successful when he straightened out his mega punch. For him to get legit opportunities to beat Fury that punch has to be straight as an arrow. Foot speed, and not letting Fury rough him up inside are other keys to victory for Wilder.

Fury needs to be diligent and use his reach at all times. He has to use angles and make sure Wilder is off balanced when in range. Backing up Wilder is important but no guarantee Wilder won't unload... [/QUOTE ]

- -No doubt their camps are feverishly working on U suggestions

Comment

You cant put TECHNICAL and Wilder in the same sentence its like oil and Water it just doesn't mesh

synonyms for the term DEONTAY WILDER; Twerking, Costume, Baby oil, Voodoo, Spiked water, Windmill, Delusion, Chicken, legs

Comment

Wilder and his team are clueless. What made the 1st fight relatively close was those 2 KDs and the KDs happened because of SPEED. Fury is the superior boxer and at 35 Wilder isnt going to reinvent the wheel BUT he does control his fighting shape.

Sadly Wilder continues to try and BULK UP and that is a bad plan. Being FASTER is much more effective but Deontay and Malik were focused on OF videos so they missed that.

Expect another bludgeoning by the fat white slob

Comment

I'm rooting for Wilder but still not sure I'm picking him to win yet. I think Wilder has to win with his feet as much as he needs the left hook. If he pumps his jab and throws a textbook left hook while stepping around to Furys right side he can throw the straight right with success. Itll be hard to be completely successful with the series but if he can manage to time it right I think he can pull it off.

For Fury he just has to be the bigger man. That's part of what has made him successful in the last 2 fights. He has Wilder in height reach and weight. He is the 1 guy Wilder has faced that is bigger in all 3 places. That has been more of a intimidating factor towards Wilder than Furys technical ability.

That being said I do think this fight is a closer fight than the second and different fight than the first. Right now the pressure is on Fury and Wilaer is pretty much able to relax with nothing to lose. Cant wait for it really.

Comment

Wilder simply has to land some punches! No good stalking Fury looking for one bomb to land. He needs to be able to work from a jab, chuck in some combos, use the uppercut inside to dissuade Fury from grabbing and leaning using all the extra weight...
                  Problems with this are Wilder has shown no technical ability and has won all his fights because of his ability to land one big shot..
                  Unless he's reinventing himself as a box puncher he will need a lucky punch
                  Fury is the champ now, he dictated the last bout and completely owned Wilder so he can box at range, hustle him, whatever. He knows how to beat Wilder, so over to DW to change the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    This is definitely the one post we agree 100% . I never said you weren’t smart just the pursuit you did , hopefully we can keep the edgy rival without disrespect, I look forward to our picks .we disagree with but the recent discussions tells me you are very astute in boxing no need to drill each other but I’d still like to do a friendly bet just to see if you want ? That bet being just congratulations to who gets the right picks say 10 first ? Starting with Usyk vs AJ and friendly discussions afterwards .

Yes, of course. I want to see what the consensus on the boards is as well. Its going to be an interesting fight. Usyk is bulking up, Joshua is sliming down lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=QueensburyRules;n31088471]
                      This thread is an attempt to avoid all the drama, insinuations, etc involving this fight. If you must, go ahead, but let's try to stick to the issue of HOW either guy will win this fight.

Feel free to discuss key points to victory as well.

I will start: Wilder was successful when he straightened out his mega punch. For him to get legit opportunities to beat Fury that punch has to be straight as an arrow. Foot speed, and not letting Fury rough him up inside are other keys to victory for Wilder.

Fury needs to be diligent and use his reach at all times. He has to use angles and make sure Wilder is off balanced when in range. Backing up Wilder is important but no guarantee Wilder won't unload... [/QUOTE ]

- -No doubt their camps are feverishly working on U suggestions
                      No doubt you have not taken your doctor's latest suggestions...

Comment

Working...
                      X