Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Lomachenko Fighting My Leftovers, Trying To Redeem Himself - No Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Totally agree. I don't think Teo goes anywhere near Haney until 140 at the earliest. I don't think Loma if he were to beat Teo will fight Haney either. They'll see it as backing down to the whole disputed, undisputed thing. I can't believe I'm even having to say that in a comment. What has boxing become.
    I think Loma should fight Haney next, and not Commey! At the same time I feel even more strongly, that Commey should fight Haney and not Lomachenko! After what Linares did to Haney, Commey should be begging Arum, "Please let me go get the WBC title, and I promise i'll fight Lomachenko next!" If i'm Commey, I better get a BIG bag, to fight Loma for nothing, instead of fighting Haney for the WBC title!!!

Comment

Some good posts on this thread; some interesting, some funny.

For myself, the only fights I'd be interested in seeing Lopez stay at 135 for would be Haney (which he should do if he wants to.put this "undisputed" thing beyond doubt) and Davis. Otherwise, just go to 140.

Loma? Fight Davis or Haney. Or go to 130.

​​​​​​
      Last edited by tokon; 09-15-2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Comney gets no respect,sure he got caught by Lopez but that does not make him a pushover, I think he's a live dog against any one at 135

Comment

These young fighters are exhausting. Lopez will end up being his own worst enemy.
          brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by right_uppercut View Post
            If Loma really wants a rematch what he should do in his next interview is 'admit' that Lopez got the best of him, that Lopez was the better fighter that night. All champions have a measure of pride and these two fighters are no exception. If Loma' pride won't allow him to publicly admit that Lopez got the better of him (fair and square) then perhaps he doesn't deserve a rematch
            I agree. Good post.

I also think Haney should get a Teo fight before Loma gets a rematch unless Loma fights and defeats Haney.

Comment

NegaTeo at it again
              brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Why should he rematch. He won easy and all Loma did was make excuses.

Comment

Maybe he can't make the weight anymore, maybe he just wants to leave 135 unscathed so he can command more $$ at 140, who knows. But the more he comes out in public running from the biggest fight he can make, the less credible he becomes.

The $$$ and attention is there for the rematch, no other bouts would have the same significance or payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I used to think the rematch was going to happen, until 1) Teo's fight was pushed back, and 2) Commey stopped talking about fighting Haney! If Loma vs. Commey isn't until December, that means the rematch would be late Spring 2022. I really don't think Teo wants to be trying to get to 135 in 2022! He's been openly saying that he was having problems making 135 since 2019!
                    You make a good point. Weight is an issue. Unfortunately wait is an issue also.
                    Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      I think Loma should fight Haney next, and not Commey! At the same time I feel even more strongly, that Commey should fight Haney and not Lomachenko! After what Linares did to Haney, Commey should be begging Arum, "Please let me go get the WBC title, and I promise i'll fight Lomachenko next!" If i'm Commey, I better get a BIG bag, to fight Loma for nothing, instead of fighting Haney for the WBC title!!!
                      It makes sense for both of them to fight Haney, more so Commey. Bob ain't letting his fighters near Haney though. I think Commey is a DiBella fighter and that should be more makeable. But I think the first option for Haney is Jo Jo. Nobody is committing here and its certainly dragging on. But the biggest travesty in this division is, there's a WBC champ there and nobody wants to fight him.
                      Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X