Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magsayo: If I Have The Opportunity To Fight Gary Russell, My Dream Fight Would Come True

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid has a massive heart and the ability to make necessary adjustments while getting his ass beat. Two very important intangibles that I'm not sure can be taught. Well, you can give them the instructions to make the adjustments but it's up to them to make it happen, which is always easier said than done surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      DID the WBC order him to fight Rey Vargas? I saw articles saying they did, but that was in January!!!

WBC Orders Gary Russell Jr Vs. Rey Vargas
      Boxing News 24

​​​​January 15th, 2021 - Comments Closed

By Jeff Aronow: Gary Russell Jr has been ordered to defend his WBC featherweight title against Rey Vargas by the World Boxing Council. WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman says the unbeaten Vargas (34-0, 22 KOs) moves up in eight to challenge Russell Jr (31-1, 18 KOs) for his belt.

Vargas, 30, still holds the WBC super bantamweight, but his last defense of the belt was a year and a half ago against Tamoki Kameda in July 2019. That’s a long time to go between title defenses for a champion in the lighter weight classes. Vargas vs. Kamedia was a war from start to finish.

https://www.************.com/2021/01...vs-rey-vargas/

I also remember this:

Gary Russell Jr and Rey Vargas come to terms for mandatory title defense

WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr, one of the rare few fighters whose schedule saw no impact whatsoever from the COVID pandemic, is nearly set for his annual appearance. The sanctioning body revealed yesterday evening that he successfully came to terms with mandatory challenger Rey Vargas and that TGB Promotions would “announce the date and place for this attractive bout shortly.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/3/9...se-boxing-news

"Shortly???" The last article is from March!!!
      https://www.************.com/2021/03...st-rey-vargas/

I found this one from March and it says they shouldve fought in May or June but no other links to it. Thanks for the links though I let that one slip by me somehow. I dont think Vargas can beat GRJ though. He is a naturally gifted fighter I wish we saw more from him.
      Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Both roads to a world-title in the WBC-WBO for Mark Magsayo are difficult. However, a shot at either Gary Russell jr. or Emanuel Navarrete is almost sure ; waiting on the feather-weight snail Gary Russell jr. is uncertain, whereas Navarrete although signed with Toprank has a style better suited for Magsayo and takes on all comers and fights multiple times a year -- even weeks apart.

Comment

Magnifico Magsayo has a fair chance.

Comment

Russ Limbo

Comment

Working...
            X