Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magsayo: If I Have The Opportunity To Fight Gary Russell, My Dream Fight Would Come True

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magsayo: If I Have The Opportunity To Fight Gary Russell, My Dream Fight Would Come True

LAS VEGAS - Mark Magsayo is open to fighting any of boxing's featherweight champions. His preference, however, is to test himself against Gary Russell Jr., the long-reigning WBC 126-pound champion. Magsayo's spectacular knockout of Julio Ceja last month at T-Mobile Arena improved his status with the WBC because their scheduled 12-round fight was a WBC elimination match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Excellent matchup. This would be perfect for FOX but unfortunately they only seem interested in big ppvs
    1hourRun 1hourRun Drigo Drigo like this.

Comment

Having the same style as last fight, Russell beat Magsayo easily...

Comment

Originally posted by Drigo View Post
        Having the same style as last fight, Russell beat Magsayo easily...
        Mr. Gary Russell Jr's. inactivity has to count for something though.

Comment

He needs at least 2-3 more fights against decent people before he steps up that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Excellent matchup. This would be perfect for FOX but unfortunately they only seem interested in big ppvs
            He's not ready for GRJ! I STILL want Tank vs. GRJ, even @ 135! Valdez vs. GRJ would be excellent for Crawford vs. Porter PPV too! I know it's a dream, but I would love it!
            Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Mr. Gary Russell Jr's. inactivity has to count for something though.
              You could be right! I think inactivity hurt Pacquiao, more than his age!

Comment

I am a fan of GRJ but he is late on his 1 fight a year appearance

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                  I am a fan of GRJ but he is late on his 1 fight a year appearance
                  DID the WBC order him to fight Rey Vargas? I saw articles saying they did, but that was in January!!!

WBC Orders Gary Russell Jr Vs. Rey Vargas
                  Boxing News 24

​​​​January 15th, 2021 - Comments Closed

By Jeff Aronow: Gary Russell Jr has been ordered to defend his WBC featherweight title against Rey Vargas by the World Boxing Council. WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman says the unbeaten Vargas (34-0, 22 KOs) moves up in eight to challenge Russell Jr (31-1, 18 KOs) for his belt.

Vargas, 30, still holds the WBC super bantamweight, but his last defense of the belt was a year and a half ago against Tamoki Kameda in July 2019. That’s a long time to go between title defenses for a champion in the lighter weight classes. Vargas vs. Kamedia was a war from start to finish.

https://www.************.com/2021/01...vs-rey-vargas/

I also remember this:

Gary Russell Jr and Rey Vargas come to terms for mandatory title defense

WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr, one of the rare few fighters whose schedule saw no impact whatsoever from the COVID pandemic, is nearly set for his annual appearance. The sanctioning body revealed yesterday evening that he successfully came to terms with mandatory challenger Rey Vargas and that TGB Promotions would “announce the date and place for this attractive bout shortly.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/3/9...se-boxing-news

"Shortly???" The last article is from March!!!

Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Magsayo beats Russell. Magsayo future champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X