Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Sees 'No Point' in Having Rematch With Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Sees 'No Point' in Having Rematch With Lomachenko

Unbeaten lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez is not very interested in a potential rematch with Vasiliy Lomachenko. Last October, Lopez pulled out a twelve round unanimous decision win over Lomachenko to unify the WBO, WBC franchise, IBF, WBA titles at 135-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Exactly. You already beat him once, people are crying for a rematch because everybody was swearing and betting that Lomachenko was gonna stop you but once you came to dominate him the best they can do is cry rematch. Devin Haney should atop fighting old washed up ex champions and fight Lomachenko instead to prove himself

Comment

If Teo goes 140, fine. If not.. quack quack.

Comment

Hahaha. This the most obvious duck language I’ve ever seen. His dad was at Loma’s last fight, he himself started warming up to it cause he realized it made financial sense and was a fight the fans wanted to see…. Look Teo very clearly won the first fight but that has become more and more to look like Loma lost that fight more than Teo won it. Loma came on in the second half. Figured the kid out, hell even started man handling the larger Lopez…. Too little too late. Then Teo saw Loma absolutely destroy a fighter that gave him fits. He don’t want the smoke. Honestly I don’t know who wins a rematch if they fought, but Teo doesn’t wanna risk that the run he’s on right now. He loses to Taylor he will still have a boat load of big fights and nothing is lost. He gets smashed by Loma after running his mouth like this and he starts to look real Flukey. I love what both fighters bring to the table. Shame they’re not coming to the table. Bad for the sport

Comment

I had to agree with the brilliant plan that Teofimo shared with Timothy Bradley on this weeks Toprank telecast, a catchweight with the 'Tart-Tomato' Josh Taylor at 137½ for the jr. welterweight undisputed championship sounds more promising for Lopez ; a fair point in using Gervonta Davis vs. Leo Santa Cruz fighting at 130 as a good example

-- Although Josh Taylor wont be able to claim the lightweight championship as 137½ is beyond the lightweight limit. However, I'm sure WBC president Mauricio Sauliman would create a 137½ Franchise title for the special occasion and maybe even a whole new division like Bridgerweight.

But if Teofimo Lopez leaves lightweight for good, Vasily Lomachenko can have his pick of Teofimo's vacant belts against a ranked bum and then try to beat Devin Haney in a unification on DAZN. It would be a fresh start for Lomachenka, I know that avenging losses has not worked out well for Vasily, so in essence Teo is actually doing Vasily a great service.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            If Teo goes 140, fine. If not.. quack quack.
            Quack for not rematching someone he already beat?? Ita l would understand if the fight was razor thin close and back to back but loma didn’t do anything for 7 rounds straight smh

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurDimes View Post
              Hahaha. This the most obvious duck language I’ve ever seen. His dad was at Loma’s last fight, he himself started warming up to it cause he realized it made financial sense and was a fight the fans wanted to see…. Look Teo very clearly won the first fight but that has become more and more to look like Loma lost that fight more than Teo won it. Loma came on in the second half. Figured the kid out, hell even started man handling the larger Lopez…. Too little too late. Then Teo saw Loma absolutely destroy a fighter that gave him fits. He don’t want the smoke. Honestly I don’t know who wins a rematch if they fought, but Teo doesn’t wanna risk that the run he’s on right now. He loses to Taylor he will still have a boat load of big fights and nothing is lost. He gets smashed by Loma after running his mouth like this and he starts to look real Flukey. I love what both fighters bring to the table. Shame they’re not coming to the table. Bad for the sport
              So first you people were saying Lomachenko was honna absolutely dominate and teach teofimo a lesson but once that didn’t happen and teofimo dominated Lomachenko the beat thing you guys can do is cry for a rematch ‍♂️ Move on bro. Tell Lomachenko to get devin haneys or tanks belt to at least bring something to the table
              Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

This guy is almost 2 years removed from his last fight. Talking about wasting the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by mexiFistology View Post
                  Exactly. You already beat him once, people are crying for a rematch because everybody was swearing and betting that Lomachenko was gonna stop you but once you came to dominate him the best they can do is cry rematch. Devin Haney should atop fighting old washed up ex champions and fight Lomachenko instead to prove himself
                  Haney wanted Lomachencko but Loma gave up his beltyou forgotten? Baring that i agree with everything you said

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurDimes View Post
                    Teo ran his mouth so much in the build up to the fight that i wanted Loma to knock him out. that was his chance instead he didn't even want to engage in 7 rounds. That was puzzling to watch. What are you talking about that he figured him out ? he just started to throw punches as you should in a undisputed fight. In any case Loma nearly got himself knocked out in the 12th that was the closest he came to being stopped on his feet. He doesnt deserve a rematch. So what if he beat nakantani. styles makes fight. He has to wait his turn. Dont get me wrong he is a great fighter but TEO fighting Davis makes him more money. Teo fighting Haney removes doubt about undisputed and Teo fighting LOMA only benefits Loma and his adoring fans. If it was the other way round and Teo was a deer in headlights for 7 rounds, no one will be calling for a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X