Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: The Referee Made a Bad Call, Stopped The Fight Too Quick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evander has nothing left. If the proposed Tyson fight had gone through, Tyson would have brutally stopped him.

Comment

These exhibition fights maybe fun and I'll never begrudge a man trying to make money, but they're ruining the image of boxing icons for the younger generation. Which video do you think kids are gonna watch when they search Holyfield on YT: the grainy 480p fight with Bowe or the HD fight with Vitor?
      Beercules Beercules likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
        Evander has nothing left. If the proposed Tyson fight had gone through, Tyson would have brutally stopped him.
        I believe that Tyson would have carried Holyfield until the end, as soon as he realized in what condition his old opponent was.
        LarryX.... Larry the boss likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          These exhibition fights maybe fun and I'll never begrudge a man trying to make money, but they're ruining the image of boxing icons for the younger generation. Which video do you think kids are gonna watch when they search Holyfield on YT: the grainy 480p fight with Bowe or the HD fight with Vitor?
          It’s fu#ked up because Holyfield is an ATG, but even before this “bout” if you could call it that, most casual folk only know him as “the guy who got his ear bit off by Tyson.”

Holyfield’s career was the first career I really got into when I first started getting interested in the sport. His fights were always on ESPN Classic.
          Last edited by b Murphington; 09-12-2021, 08:31 AM.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

It’s fu#ked up because Holyfield is an ATG, but even before this “bout” if you could call it that, most casual folk only know him as “the guy who got his ear bit off by Tyson.”

Holyfield’s career was the first career I really got into when I first started getting interested in the sport. His fights were always on ESPN Classic.
            Most usually put his fight against Stewart as their favourite Holyfield fight, but for me it's his fights against Bert Cooper and Mike Dokes. They're some of my favourite fights and I never get bored of watching them over and over. Sheer bloody entertainment. It's kind of sad they're not the first fights that come up on YT when you type Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              I sure
              hope Holyfield was paid well and intelligently invests this money and makes better choices than he did when he was you get and blew through all of his money with ludicrous purchases and child support from having too many out of wedlock kids. The reason he is back and the reason he fought on so long losing to sub par competition was because he needed the money. Just sad sad stuff.
              I think i read he made $500,000.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

And we all know that he'll be back in the ring if people don't stop this madness. Dude is so crusty slow and unbalanced, it hurts to watch. And now an MMAer has whooped the hell out of one of our all time greats. SMH.

Comment

He ref spared his life. Holyfield was going to be stretched out in round two. Unfortunately he doesn’t appear to have learned anything from this and is willing to fight again. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by praxst View Post

I think i read he made $500,000.
                    Hopefully he clears around 200-250k and invests its widely

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Hopefully he clears around 200-250k and invests its wisely
                      In condoms, one would hope.

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X