Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Lopez Arrested After Claims of Domestic Abuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Lopez Arrested After Claims of Domestic Abuse

Former two-division world champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez was arrested on Tuesday night, after a former partner filed a complaint against him for an alleged pattern of domestic violence.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Showed his bad temper in the ring, so this one's not surprising

Comment

When a fighter has tasted the benefits of been a champion, the free fall is very unpredictable.
      Hopefully gets his act together.

Comment

Same trajectory of Kovalev and others.

Fame, women, alcohol, sudden decline of the fighting skills, beaten women, wrong headlines.

Comment

JuanMa has even worse CTE than zombie Taylor, that blank look in his eyes is scary.

Comment

Stuff like this may not always be CTE. Sometimes the person has demons they need to check and need help. Once the success is gone, you don't have that to hold onto and you're left to how to deal with your issues when the realization that success and money don't heal the issues you've had or developed.

However, it's hard to discount CTE with the damage he's taken in his fights. I remember his breakdown after winning and stopping Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. He and Vasquez's trainer were jawing, then Lopez (who won) ran over there to throw and the trainer clipped Lopez with a beautiful check left hook (almost dropping Lopez) and landed a nice 3 punch combo. Lopez was in the wrong for that and this was AFTER WINNING! Not sure what's up with the man these days, but he needs help so he doesn't hurt anyone else outside of the ring.
            Last edited by TyrantT316; 09-08-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Well at least he stopped short of Verdejos coward ass. that clown crying in tears right now behind bars

Comment

BoxingScene necro-laughing at us by posting a pic of Lopez and Gamboa together.

Comment

BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ALL THE DETAILS OF THE RELATIONSHIP INCLUDING THE INSIDENCTS LEADING UP TO THIS, I WON'T ASSUME.

Marangely Lozada, another ex-partner of López, published a message on her Instagram profile in which she detailed her experience with the former fighter.

While she was never physically abused by Lopez, there were other issues which led to their split eight months ago.

“I discovered the problems he has; psychological problems, anxiety, infidelity, a lot of insecurity, alcoholism, depression expressed with aggressiveness, machismo, above everything, he was a very controlling person,” said Lozada.

I don't condone violence either way, but women get away with slaps, pushing, pinching and as soon as you push a little they become the victims.

Comment

I remember when Juanma was on top of his game and Top Rank held him so high after the Ponce de Leon KO. Crazy to see him go this path.
                    MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X