Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Wants Adrien Broner Next: I'd Love To Fight Him This Year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

I don't really get involved in the promotion debates. I am only really familiar with Match-room, Sunderland bothers, and Golden Boy promotions.

No idea, and I have never seen a interview with Al Haymon, no idea whether the PBC reference is for him?

But yes you are right, some of these american promoters could branch out a bit more.
    Fighters are being denied the best fights and biggest paydays. And we the fans are being denied the fights we wanna see while expected to pay for lesser options. All promoters need to do more.

Comment

Broner has went gate keeper status

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
        He has lol but as long as people keep paying to see him, he sticks around. And that means a big paycheck and profile raise for some fighters. Benn obviously and Regis also, and others out there would go for it also.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          Sad to see that happen to a 4 weight world champion but h has really made his own bed. I think Broner has some real mental health challenges least of which is that he probably has a personality disorder whixh explains why he “checks out” of fights when the fight isn’t going his way. He looks totally uninterested when facing adversity. To call him out at this point looks like arsehole, complete and dirty arsehole no matter who is doing it. When someone who claims they want to fight a former world champion like Porter and then wants to call out someone who struggles to beat journeymen at this point, that’s extremely revealing. It just means they want a big name on their record that no longer performs at the top level. I would be much more impressed if Benn were to call out another welterweight who’s on the up and up, winning, but hey, not everyone can have juevos like Joyce and DuBois and risk it like that

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Exactly right, moving up in the ranks. Nobody is saying he's the finished article. And yet some posters are treating him like he is and he's running scared of certain fighters. It's early days for Benn and he's making his way. Only time will tell if he's good enough. Broner, if nothing else is a big profile raiser and payday. That's why Regis wants him so much also.
            Regis wants AB at 140, Benn wants him at 147 in the UK. Conner couldn't find Granados with a flashlight and a blood hound, but Conner might have some succcess with Broner. He's a plodder, still good enough to test Conner, but slipping.
            Last edited by Corelone; 09-07-2021, 11:30 AM.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Regis wants AB at 140, Benn wants him at 147 in the UK. Conner couldn't find Granados with a flashlight and a blood hound, but Conner might have some succcess with Broner. He's a plodder, still good enough to test Conner, but slipping.
              Benn still has a lot to learn no doubt. And I'm not convinced he will be a top level fighter. But he's in a transitional phase, trying to go from prospect to contender. Granados was awkward and didn't want to engage, so under the circumstance it was a decent win and fairly one sided. It's just part of the learning curve. Broner would be part of the curve and a good profile raise with a nice payday, so why not. I can't see this fight happening anyway but it's got some merit.

Comment

Dam stepping stone Broner being called out like Zab Judah at the tail end, except everyone wants Broner to lose; family members, babies mama and them, Everybody! All them folks plus y’all need to promote using hashtag About Billions with his broke hiding $$$ asSsS!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I think at this point, his entire team from himself to his promoter are scared to even mention Ennis specifically for young Benn. I’ve heard Hearn mention Ennis as someone in the division but not as an opponent and clearly young Benn wants no part of him. Self preservation I suppose…..a very strong desire to survive placed in the human psyche innit
                  Hearn isn't going to let Ortiz or Ennis in the same conversation, never mind ring, as Benn.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Benn still has a lot to learn no doubt. And I'm not convinced he will be a top level fighter. But he's in a transitional phase, trying to go from prospect to contender. Granados was awkward and didn't want to engage, so under the circumstance it was a decent win and fairly one sided. It's just part of the learning curve. Broner would be part of the curve and a good profile raise with a nice payday, so why not. I can't see this fight happening anyway but it's got some merit.
                    I agree with most of what you say, but that wasn't a decent win. Conner looked like Fred Flintstone trying to club Granados. A decent win was Maxi Hughes, he saved the show. I'm not saying he's all that, but Conner looked amateurish in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I think at this point, his entire team from himself to his promoter are scared to even mention Ennis specifically for young Benn. I’ve heard Hearn mention Ennis as someone in the division but not as an opponent and clearly young Benn wants no part of him. Self preservation I suppose…..a very strong desire to survive placed in the human psyche innit
                      What WW does want to fight Ennis? Even fellow PBC guys don't want it.

Comment

Working...
                      X