Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez: I Have Never Used Banned Substances To Improve My Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The irony that Sulaiman defends a clear double pop on the grounds of 'it's banned, but probably wouldn't help much anyway', yet suspended Whyte's status when his result was shown to be contamination.

Comment

Nice play on words, he never took anything that would help his performance but took something that helps him make weight for a fight. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        I think the performance enhancing capacity of Phentermine is actually pretty low and isn't something that gives extra strength or stamina from what I've read. However that's not the issue here, the issue here is bigger than that particular substance, it's a matter of principle, when does the WBC get to judge whether a VADA banned substance is allowed or not? whatever VADA bans and someone tests positive for, that fighter should deal with the consequences as per rule book. The discussion about whether the substance should be banned or not is a totally separate discussion.
        Yes, it's on the "banned" list for the conditions to which Valdez agreed and was tested under ie WBC Clean Boxing.

So we can see without doubt the WBC has no principle and disregards it's own program when convenient.
        charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Mauricio the alchemist. Three energy drinks and you get Phentermine. What is he blathering about? Valdez says he never took such a drug, but the tea excuse is weak.
          So name the brand of tea that is a source of this chemical.
          charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
            I would have preferred he admitted to taking phentermine outside of camp to aid in weight loss, but it doesn't really add up. I would assume fighters would be taking this stuff just prior to camp or at the very beginning - especially those who fight three, four, or more weight classes below their walk-around weight.
            There's a reason why this chemical is on VADA banned list.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              The irony that Sulaiman defends a clear double pop on the grounds of 'it's banned, but probably wouldn't help much anyway', yet suspended Whyte's status when his result was shown to be contamination.
              ..not to mention Povetkinīs meldonium traces from before banning the stuff. One might even think the greedy f***er is taking sides to protect the sanctioning fees.

Comment

Nice to see that almost every poster is on the same page with regards to this
                Tosaken Tosaken likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Nice play on words, he never took anything that would help his performance but took something that helps him make weight for a fight. Got it.
                  More specifically, he said "no banned subs" so he was counting on not being in competition so itīs a PED but not banned.

Comment

Boxing has got to clean itself up. And if it doesn’t the federal government needs to step in and have another look at boxing because what you have is a lawless sport that is embracing organised crime as a means of operation. The WBC should no longer be allowed to sanction fights in the USA

Comment

Let us be reminded that Benavidez was stripped of his belt because of *******.

Comment

Working...
                      X