Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Porter: Both Sides Request Extension, Purse Bid Hearing Moved Back To September 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    Hopefully this means a deal is getting done, but they've had a month already...

Boxing can't get out of its own way....smh
    Why is this on boxing? Crawford has out priced himself from Spence, Pac, and Porter a while back. This is all on Crawford.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
      Anybody else get the sense this fight aint going to happen? Neither seems interested.
      Both fighters seem very interested.

There is also a open December PPV date or even possibly late November date. I know Tank may fight on PPV in December, but that will be on SHO.
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

This delay allows uncle Bob to check his change purse to show how much he cares (since Crawford’s contract is due to expire) remember Bob says Crawford fights aren’t worth the money & he’s loosing money with Crawford. Yes, that Bobwants to keep him away from PBC
        Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
          I get the 60-40 split for Crawford-Porter but that 66/33 in Stevenson favour is an outright insult to the Champion.

Irrespective of previous purses, the challenger should never earn more than the Champion.
          So true /\

Comment

Anybody else get the sense this fight aint going to happen? Neither seems interested.
            Porter has proven he will get in there with game dogs , BUD is the one with cans up and down his resume ....
            Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this extra negotiation time is to make sure that they iron out something instead of letting Triller or Matchroom have a chance at the purse bid.

Comment

Nah, the extension is a good sign.

If the fight wasn't gonna be made, both sides would let the bid go on and then cancel the fight if Triller/Dazn won.

Pushing the bid suggests theyre not too far apart from a deal and both sides would rather have one.

Comment

That 80 to 20 split is a joke. No one can eat off of that. Porter deserves more. 40% is close to fair. Sign the contract.....and give the fans a fight. I know that we're still in a pandemic, but boxing has been a dud so far this year.

Comment

Who cares.. wake me when they get in the ring
                    Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                      I almost don't even care any more, fkking American Boxing is turning in to some sort of circus show.
                      You know American boxing used to be up there, the matchups, the venues, the shows etc These lot have downgraded them so much that the people who used to laugh and moan about Mayweather are now starting to appreciate his era. The Mecca of boxing is no more, America has allowed others to catch up with them, which is sad really…
                      DaNeutral. DaNeutral. likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X