Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Pacquiao Looked Old, I Would Have Beaten Him With No Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that’s obvious at this point?

Pacquaio is shot and Taylor’s style is all wrong for him.

Comment

There's blood in the water and everybody can smell it. Pac is old and weak. These young cats are hungry for a chance to knock his head off.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Perhaps, Pac is old, but that would be the only reason Taylor would beat him, because of his age. Why doesn't Taylor talk to Crawford, Ortiz, Ugas, Porter, Ennis, I would throw in Spence, but we don't know how the eye injury is going to turn out, but all those dudes would knock the block off Taylor. This dude barely beat Proragis and Ramirez yet he talks like a Big dog. He should start by one of those dudes a rematch and win more convincingly.

Comment

They can put Taylor into the shoulda, woulda, coulda, catagory in the HOF.

Comment

He drives a car? I was picturing him on a unicycle or a bike with a big Squeezy horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              What's really the purpose of fighting Catterall @ 140? Why not start fighting WWs instead? I'm sure Vergil Ortiz Jr. would entertain JT! I think IBF #1 Kudratillo Abduqaxorov would too, and he's w/ TR. We know he doesn't intend to stay @ 140, so please just move on!
              It's not something I think will be understood in in the US but I respect your opinions and think your one of the most realistic posters I've seen on here, so I'll try and give you some perspective from a Scottish boxing fan. JT as a kid growing up would have envisaged a totally different scenario for his undisputed fight. In terms of the event and being able to share that with the fans, it was taken away from him because of the pandemic. An arena with 1000 people was not quite in his dreams let alone only 8 or 9 being his people. So it's an opportunity to make up for that, to enjoy his success with his loyal fans that would have been there if it were possible. It's not a big fight, but it's more the occasion that ticks the box. It means nothing to Americans who have been spoiled with an abundance of riches in talent over the years, but here in Scotland us fans are enjoying our first genuine star since the 60's some 60 years ago. And it was before my time so for many it's kind of the first lol. Also the fact that, like him or not, think he deserves the shot or not, JC done a very honourable thing in stepping aside to allow Josh to have his moment. We're may be a tiny nation but are a proud honourable people and its important that Josh is honourable in return and gives him his shot. I for one would be disappointed and embarrassed if he didn't keep his word. And we also enjoy a serious rivalry in sport with the English where mostly it us that take the bloody nose. This is also Josh stepping up and representing for his nation. So it's not a big fight but more an important one for Josh and our little nation. But after that he'll be more than willing to step into the big boys playground.
              DanMan_UK DanMan_UK likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                Perhaps, Pac is old, but that would be the only reason Taylor would beat him, because of his age. Why doesn't Taylor talk to Crawford, Ortiz, Ugas, Porter, Ennis, I would throw in Spence, but we don't know how the eye injury is going to turn out, but all those dudes would knock the block off Taylor. This dude barely beat Proragis and Ramirez yet he talks like a Big dog. He should start by one of those dudes a rematch and win more convincingly.
                Surely you've got to be aware of the fact that he wants the Crawford fight? He's only just cleaned out 140 and quite convincingly actually. You make it sound like he's remained at that weight way after his achievement. The Crawford fight will happen. I'm not saying Josh will win but be real about the fact he is up for that fight .

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  They can put Taylor into the shoulda, woulda, coulda, catagory in the HOF.
                  Like so many PBC fighters who Haymon wouldn't let fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Taylor playing the long duck by never ever fighting at welterweight in his whole life.
                    He's not a welterweight lol. And he will be, but could if he chose be a career 140 pounder. And what would be so wrong with that. Was Marvin Hagler a duck for fighting at 160 his whole career?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I think Josh Taylor is targeting the wrong one, Gervonta Davis would outbox Taylor, bloody him up, knock him down at least 2 times and then finish him off against the ropes ; towel or corner stoppage.

I have to agree with you, the PBC are a bunch of ducks. We all know that they have blackballed P4P#1. Terence Crawford, like Josh Taylor.
                      What, like all the other fighters you said would? Hell you even said Khongsong would beat him. It's lights out soon, make sure you swallow the tablet beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                      X