Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitor Belfort Will Be Aiming To Knock Oscar De La Hoya Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vitor Belfort Will Be Aiming To Knock Oscar De La Hoya Out

Former UFC champion Vitor Belfort opened the doors to his South Florida training camp in Boca Raton, FL for a media workout on Thursday, August 26 alongside his head trainer Derik Santos.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think he will KO him too--He was active more recent than oscar-

THis is dangerous for oscar to be hhonest

Comment

I really don’t see it but ? I think ODL plays him like a matador and stops him before the final bell .

Comment

De La Hoya will knock him out, but he is supposed to. If Belfort goes the distance, it's a bit embarrassing, considering that a ko is allowed, and Vitor has never boxed before.

The other mma guy, Anderson Silva, he can box very well. I was very impressed with his boxing.
        Last edited by Liondw; 08-27-2021, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          De La Hoya will knock him out, but he is supposed to. If Belfort goes the distance, it's a bit embarrassing, considering that a ko is allowed, and Vitor has never boxed before.

The other mma guy, Anderson Silva, he can box very well. I was very impressed with his boxing.

He has boxed he has an amateur boxing background and one pro fight.
          He's trained under Pedro Diaz for years he is no stranger to boxing and I doubt Oscar stops him purely because of the size difference, Vitor has competed as a heavyweight and must walk around at 210-220lbs, he is huge.

Comment

Since this isn’t an exhibition what weight will this fight be contested at? If these fights are going to happen the weights should be comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
              Since this isn’t an exhibition what weight will this fight be contested at? If these fights are going to happen the weights should be comparable.
              ESPN wrote: "The boxing match, which will be staged at Staples Center in Los Angeles, will be contested over eight two-minute rounds at 180 pounds. De La Hoya and Belfort can weigh within 5 pounds of the limit."

I don't know why they don't just have a hard limit at 185lbs instead of saying it's 180lbs... but they can weigh within 5lbs of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

Beltor boxed as an amateur and once as a pro and was a boxer before MMA. Hes not a novice and is a massive man... De la Hoya's career high was 160. Belfort , heavyweight...

Dont be shocked if theres not a KO, it's only 16mins of action (2min rounds x 8), first three will likely be feeling out. Then Oscar taking over. Both dudes are retired so don't expect much.. but I do believe it'll get scrappy. And be entertaining for sure.

Comment

It’s been so uneventful. I’m getting intrigued by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
                    Light heavy I think

Comment

Working...
                    X