Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas On Pacquiao Post-Fight Excuses: I Admire Him And Respect His Opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ugas On Pacquiao Post-Fight Excuses: I Admire Him And Respect His Opinion

For all that Manny Pacquiao has achieved throughout his incredible career, he has earned the right to react as he chooses to his latest defeat. Or so believes his most recent conqueror. Yordenis Ugas wasn't at all bothered by Pacquiao's efforts to dismiss what took place in their welterweight title fight. Ugas (27-4, 12KOs) stepped in to replace an injured Errol Spence on just eleven days' notice, proceeding to thoroughly outbox the legendary Filipino southpaw en route to a twelve-round unanimous decision win in their August 21 Fox Sports Pay-Per-View headliner at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ugas and Fury are two very different types of men….

Comment

Most definitely, Pacquiao started his post-Ugas period with the wrong foot, provided that what The Athletic reports is true.

Comment

Congrats to Ugas for taking the high road here As diehard boxing fans we know how it goes when Manny loses- something will be blamed.

Socks, movement, leg cramps, shoulder. Always something.

No sense in complaining. Just take the win and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Ugas and Fury are two very different types of men….
          Pacquiao & Wilder are two very different types of fighters with very different status levels in the sport. One is a legend with multiple notable victories, multiple world titles and a Hall Of Famer. The other.... well.... lol. Notable victories in his career are few and far between, and he was battered by his most notable opponent (by far) that he ever faced.

so yeah, two very different types of fighter to say the least hahaha

Comment

Classy response. Ugas got the W, impressed people, advanced his career. The other stuff is meaningless and he shouldn't get into it. If Pac chooses not to take the rematch it suggests he doesn't really believe his own words anyway

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Congrats to Ugas for taking the high road here As diehard boxing fans we know how it goes when Manny loses- something will be blamed.

Socks, movement, leg cramps, shoulder. Always something.

No sense in complaining. Just take the win and move on.
              Class act! Smart play too, because he doesn't want to become a villain of the Pacquiao fandom! Not good business!

Comment

Ugas handling this with class. I like it.

Comment

Everybody knows Manny absolutely sucks ass against pure boxers. He'll never admit defeat and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him planking again.
                  icee icee likes this.

Comment

The Athletic report manufactured an argument that never existed to gain relevance for a site that barley noticed boxing until last week.

Should Manny have started his statement with the usual "Ugas is a great fighter" and then go on to state the obvious, "I had no legs"? Maybe! That said, I suspect the Athletics crew had always intended to create controversy to get themeslves noticed within the boxing world and it worked...people will visit the site and that was always the point.

Lastly, Ugas response was all class and smart. Ugas knows the controversy is manufactured but more importantly he also knows the lotto ticket is still a rematch with Manny.
                    Last edited by factsarenice; 08-26-2021, 08:38 AM.
                    Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X