No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rigondeaux, Casimero - Set For WBO Title Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Initially I picked John Casimero, however I am now undecided : just two days ago I studied film in greater detail ( namely John Riel Casimero vs. Jonas Sultan ) and have seen potential complications for Casimero with the style that Guillermo presents, and vice versa. Due to the fact that John Riel Casimero lacks a proper jab and often lunges into range to position himself for offensive purposes, John, loads up attempting to land power punches, this often makes him lose his balance as he swings wide and can tire and frustrate a boxer.

On the other side of he coin :

Quick-agile boxers with good timing on rotation, have troubled Guillermo Rigondeaux. John Riel Casimero, moves swiftly in lateral motion, even at 360. John Casimero has a variety of offense with both hands, his feints will cause Rigo to react and place his head at a desired position when the 'Jackal' tries to duck a perceived attack, this will place Guillermo in a vulnerable position, but can Casimero do enough damage, if he even gets into position? Then you factor in that John is not a volume puncher, which would compensate for lack of accuracy, and how this trait is suitable to Rigo's steady and calm pace.

You have to also take into account Rigondeaux's advanced age and recent poor performances, slow reactions, electing to trade more, and you can see plenty of opportunity for John Riel. if Guillermo was prime, I pick him easy. John Riel Casimero is at his peak, that might be enough, so I'm slightly leaning towards Casimero.
    Good analysis. Hopefully it's a good fight. I expect Casimero to dominate Rigo. I don't see it going the distance either. I'd be impressed if Rigo wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Good analysis. Hopefully it's a good fight. I expect Casimero to dominate Rigo. I don't see it going the distance either. I'd be impressed if Rigo wins.
      Thanks, its possible that John Casimero becomes the first to legitimately stop Guillermo Rigondeaux, at this late stage in the vets career, but that would depend on John's method of entry into range. As I said, my concern is how does Casimero get in the pocket without a active jab? His feints and feet can not fail him. I can see Rigo, taking the play away with subtle steps, the basic fundamentals, whilst Casimero tries to lull Rigo to sleep with head feints, side to side in order to catch him ( Rigondeaux ) by surprise.

I'm interested on how both these fighters take each others best punches, you know they both can crack.

Comment

Thanks, its possible that John Casimero becomes the first to legitimately stop Guillermo Rigondeaux, at this late stage in the vets career, but that would depend on John's method of entry into range. As I said, my concern is how does Casimero get in the pocket without a active jab? His feints and feet can not fail him. I can see Rigo, taking the play away with subtle steps, the basic fundamentals, whilst Casimero tries to lull Rigo to sleep with head feints, side to side in order to catch him ( Rigondeaux ) by surprise.

I'm interested on how both these fighters take each others best punches, you know they both can crack.
        I won't rule Rigo chin checking him but I don't see it.

Comment

Initially I picked John Casimero, however I am now undecided : just two days ago I studied film in greater detail ( namely John Riel Casimero vs. Jonas Sultan ) and have seen potential complications for Casimero with the style that Guillermo presents, and vice versa. Due to the fact that John Riel Casimero lacks a proper jab and often lunges into range to position himself for offensive purposes, John, loads up attempting to land power punches, this often makes him lose his balance as he swings wide and can tire and frustrate a boxer.

On the other side of he coin :

Quick-agile boxers with good timing on rotation, have troubled Guillermo Rigondeaux. John Riel Casimero, moves swiftly in lateral motion, even at 360. John Casimero has a variety of offense with both hands, his feints will cause Rigo to react and place his head at a desired position when the 'Jackal' tries to duck a perceived attack, this will place Guillermo in a vulnerable position, but can Casimero do enough damage, if he even gets into position? Then you factor in that John is not a volume puncher, which would compensate for lack of accuracy, and how this trait is suitable to Rigo's steady and calm pace.

You have to also take into account Rigondeaux's advanced age and recent poor performances, slow reactions, electing to trade more, and you can see plenty of opportunity for John Riel. if Guillermo was prime, I pick him easy. John Riel Casimero is at his peak, that might be enough, so I'm slightly leaning towards Casimero.
          Please remember, Rigondeaux battered Hisashi Amagasa in that fight. Those knockdowns ultimately didn’t mean anything. Rigondeaux has a habit of being slightly off balance after he dips down low with his dodges.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CineScape; 08-14-2021, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I won't rule Rigo chin checking him but I don't see it.

Yeah, John Riel is known for his punching power, but he is cautious and defensively responsible ; there is a method to the madness, he has quick cat-like reflexes too. I would go for the body if I was Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post

Please remember, Rigondeaux battered Hisashi Amagasa in that fight. Those knockdowns ultimately didn’t mean anything. Rigondeaux has a habit of being slightly off balance after he dips down low with his dodges.
              The bold was the reason why I shared this clip of Hisashi Amagasa exploiting Rigondeaux's habit of bending below the waist. John Riel, is very quick on his feet and agile on rotation, this athletic ability in John Riel's arsenal poses a potential detriment to Guillermo.

Credit to Rigo for getting off the floor in the 7th vs. Hisashi Amagasa, the knockdown as you noticed may have been forced due to Rigo's compromised balance, however, I wonder if Rigondeaux can get up if John Riel hits him with one of his bombs, and finish the round.

Comment

Working...
              X