Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Whyte Will Fight In October, Hopefully Against Arreola Or Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Arreola and Ruiz is night and day. Ruiz is a resume top 10. Arreola is a journeyman.
    GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

He literally just fought Povetkin so that's disproved.

It's a UK fight now and Ruiz won't travel to the UK so that's out and yeah I think you're list is right but he is due a soft touch.

He's had 28 fights remember Wilder an Olympian fought a guy who lost his last 6 fights 23 fights in, Wilders 28th I think was Siarhei Liakhovich whoever that was, this is what the Wilder fan boys don't get if Wilder picked opponents like Whyte even if he lost he'd get some love, sure he got a knockout record and was undefeated but there was no risk at all.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Am saying it now, he would NEVER fight anyone of proper threat whilst his mandatory thing is up in the air. He would do what others like Wilder or Fury do and look for soft touches to keep active and not risk his biggest challenge (Fighting for the WBC title). Look for him to fight the likes of Franklin, Duhapas, Arreola, Wallin, Tom Schwartz type before he gets his chance at either Wilder or Fury.

Comment

Why are we even debating this?this is Edward talking,he won’t fight any of the above fighters , this is the pattern for Eddie,talk about a fight, then as it gets closer change of opponent and line up a road sweeper to fill in.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

Wilder was never offered 100 mill for one fight. It was a multi-fight deal, which would've been derailed by AJ losing to the fat man.
          I stand corrected, the $100m offer included $20m to fight Brezeale. But the fact AJ went on to lose to Ruiz is completely irrelevant - who knows whether he would have even risked that fight if Wilder accepted the deal. The point remains that Wilder turned down a massively record-breaking purse against AJ to fight Fury for less money, before AJ then went on to lose.

I’m sure Wilder’s team had their reasons, but the point I was making to the OP is that certain fighters have turned down fights offering massive money when it didn’t appear logical to do so at face value, so it shouldn’t be so unbelievable to think Ruiz could have done the same in this scenario.

Comment

I'm 100% sure it won't be Ruiz, since he would outbox Whyte for 12 rounds making him to appear as the bum he is.
            Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Whoever is willing to accept the lowest amount will land the fight. Most likely Franklin.

Wish Ruiz would fight this dude to see what Whyte is actually made of. Since AJ KO'd him, he hasn't really fought anyone in the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                He literally just fought Povetkin so that's disproved.

It's a UK fight now and Ruiz won't travel to the UK so that's out and yeah I think you're list is right but he is due a soft touch.

He's had 28 fights remember Wilder an Olympian fought a guy who lost his last 6 fights 23 fights in, Wilders 28th I think was Siarhei Liakhovich whoever that was, this is what the Wilder fan boys don't get if Wilder picked opponents like Whyte even if he lost he'd get some love, sure he got a knockout record and was undefeated but there was no risk at all.

Am not even disputing that. If you read what am getting at properly you would see i have zero issues with him fighting any soft touch before he gets his shot, thats why i gave both Wilder and Fury as examples of boxers at HW who take lesser risk before any big fight. Whyte mentality of taking on big fights all the time nearly cost him v Povetkin (If it didn't) as the WBC were able to p*ssyfoot around that loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

I stand corrected, the $100m offer included $20m to fight Brezeale. But the fact AJ went on to lose to Ruiz is completely irrelevant - who knows whether he would have even risked that fight if Wilder accepted the deal. The point remains that Wilder turned down a massively record-breaking purse against AJ to fight Fury for less money, before AJ then went on to lose.

I’m sure Wilder’s team had their reasons, but the point I was making to the OP is that certain fighters have turned down fights offering massive money when it didn’t appear logical to do so at face value, so it shouldn’t be so unbelievable to think Ruiz could have done the same in this scenario.
                  Maybe wilder is like Canelo….he doesn’t want promoters being in charge of him, owning him like a farm animal
                  GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

How about old man Ortiz

Comment

You've got to be kidding me
                      3 fight's on the trot against 40+ shot old men
                      Add to that 4 of AJ's last 6 opponents being 38-41 yr old shot old men & you can see clearly Edward's over protecting of his 2 chinny average heavyweights clinging onto they're status with contracts bs ing the casuals.
                      #moneballboxing
                      #eddiehearnripoff
                      Last edited by Bob; 08-10-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X