Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring-Stevenson: WBO Orders August 9 Purse Bid Hearing, Split To Land In Stevenson's Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    WBO out here regulating on fools
    Regulators…. Mount Up
    chaosisme chaosisme likes this.

Comment

lol our new rules allow the a-side guy to be the a-side

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Well, the article states that the WBO now uses the last three purses to determine the split....Stevenson has been getting paid and has a great team so no surprise there.

Bob said it won't go to purse bid since he has the finalized contracts so it should be signed soon. Good to hear.
        As I keep saying.

Shakur is the money draw.

I don't know why NSB still refuses to understand.

It's why fighters have to stand out in a crowd, and it's NOT just "get in the ring and fight". You have to put asses in seats, and to do that, you have to sell yourself.

That is the definition of an A-Side.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          The relationship between Bob and the WBO should cause more concern among posters than it does.

I’m a Jersey guy and root for Shakur heavy but this isn’t fair in any way, shape or form. The WBO is basically saying it’s FW title is worthless.

The emphasis on the 3 previous paydays has Bob written all over it. Herring is getting screwed very badly here.
          Putting these champs to work for the fans should be the primary concern for us fans. Don’t really care for business relationship dealings unless it causes terrible fights for fans.

Comment

Looks like they want Herring to drop the belt so Shakur can beat a scrub for the vacant title.

Comment

Idk why you guys say herring should vacate, this is his best shot to get recognized to make some money. Idc, what they agree regarding the split, I don't count peoples money, I just want to see who is better. Who cares if your the champ, belts are worthless nowadays. Beat and fight guys who everyone says is better and you'll get your respect and money. Hopefully there's an agreement before the bid and may the best man win!

Comment

Sanctioning bodies trying to destroy boxing everyday. It just takes a few top fighters to drop belts and never pay sanctioning fees and boxing will be saved.

Comment

Don't like this purse split rule at all, pure BS

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

As I keep saying.

Shakur is the money draw.

I don't know why NSB still refuses to understand.

It's why fighters have to stand out in a crowd, and it's NOT just "get in the ring and fight". You have to put asses in seats, and to do that, you have to sell yourself.

That is the definition of an A-Side.
                    A-side to me means nothing in this instance. If you wish to secure the A-side, be the man that beats the man. A champ is a champ for a reason. I can reasonably see 50-50 regardless of “butts in seats.” Say Stevenson loses? Does that mean he gets more than the next champ? I have no argument if Stevenson was champ. This here though is robbery. Trinkets are supposed to mean something financially and Bob has now set the precedence that trinkets mean nothing. Herring should get his pay for being champ….period

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                      Idk why you guys say herring should vacate, this is his best shot to get recognized to make some money. Idc, what they agree regarding the split, I don't count peoples money, I just want to see who is better. Who cares if your the champ, belts are worthless nowadays. Beat and fight guys who everyone says is better and you'll get your respect and money. Hopefully there's an agreement before the bid and may the best man win!
                      I am advocating he drop the belt out of principle.

while you’re 100% right here about winning being the way you deal with the BS, this kind of blatant, disgraceful favoritism by the WBO shouldn’t be tolerated by a pro boxer.

You see the wbo make this ruling and how caw any of us be sure this is a fair fight? What other advantages had the wbo worked for Bob on this?

And remember Shakur lives about 20 mins from me and I want him to win. But this is just nauseating.

Comment

Working...
                      X