Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC formula doesn’t work at heavyweight because tomato cans in that weight class can punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC formula doesn’t work at heavyweight because tomato cans in that weight class can punch

PBC has failed to develop their heavyweight roster.

The reason?

Unlike the other weight classes, the tomato cans at heavyweight can punch.

That means the overhyped losers that pbc builds can’t just outbox cans for 12 rounds like they do at other weights.

The chances that they get hit are too high.

If you disagree, name the last undefeated PBC heavyweight who has had a significant number of fights without having some underdog knock him out.

It's been working with your buddy Luis Ortiz doe.
    His last fight was with another guy who again no one has heard of.
    He stopped him in the first minute of the first round with a few dance steps.
    Felt sorry for the commentators, Goosen, Lennox, Kenny for hyping up the fight
    only to end up like a Dancing with the Stars moment. They're extremely embarrassed.

Comment

Ortiz isn’t following the formula by choice.

Regardless of who he signs with, the top heavyweights on that roster won’t fight him.

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      It's been working with your buddy Luis Ortiz doe.
      His last fight was with another guy who again no one has heard of.
      He stopped him in the first minute of the first round with a few dance steps.
      Felt sorry for the commentators, Goosen, Lennox, Kenny for hyping up the fight
      only to end up like a Dancing with the Stars moment. They're extremely embarrassed.

Comment

Wilder and Ortiz are highly ranked HWT’s. Ruiz ko’d the alleged best hwt. Kownacki has a huge following in the polish American community. There success stories I would say.

Its boxing, people lose. Haymon’s problem at hwt is many of them are coming in older. Frankly, almost all of them are not terribly good and, if I am correct, many seem to lack credible amateur experience so every time they fight it’s a real chance to lose.

Should give a real fan more reason to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Wilder and Ortiz are highly ranked HWT’s. Ruiz ko’d the alleged best hwt. Kownacki has a huge following in the polish American community. There success stories I would say.

Its boxing, people lose. Haymon’s problem at hwt is many of them are coming in older. Frankly, almost all of them are not terribly good and, if I am correct, many seem to lack credible amateur experience so every time they fight it’s a real chance to lose.

American heavyweights have kinda sucked for years. My issue is, despite the lack of organisational quality, PBC still has among the top heavyweights in the game. All this talk about Hearn from his Matchroom fanboys but, on the heavyweivht front, who do they have other than Joshua? Whyte is ****. Chisora is old. Guys like Babic and Wardley won't progress beyond UK level due to their lack of amateur pedigree.

I actually think it's Arum and Warren who have the assortment of the most interesting heavyweights between them. Joyce, Hrgovic, Dubois, Fury. People talk about the Americsn heavyweight scene being dead but its kinda testament to how lame the rest of the world is considering the sheer amount of them knocking about within the top 10/15.
          The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            Ortiz isn’t following the formula by choice.

Regardless of who he signs with, the top heavyweights on that roster won’t fight him.

He's on the pbc formula or no top heavyweights want to fight, which one is it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              PBC has failed to develop their heavyweight roster.

The reason?

Unlike the other weight classes, the tomato cans at heavyweight can punch.

That means the overhyped losers that pbc builds can’t just outbox cans for 12 rounds like they do at other weights.

The chances that they get hit are too high.

If you disagree, name the last undefeated PBC heavyweight who has had a significant number of fights without having some underdog knock him out.
              Maybe they should follow the Terrance Crawford career strategy. Face no quality opposition at all costs.

Comment

Wilder has been absolutely atrocious against the only top 10 heavyweights he’s ever faced.

He lost every round against Ortiz twice and was lucky to land a big shot.

He lost every round to Fury twice.

Ortiz is winless against fighters of his caliber.

Ruiz only beat Joshua because PBC cared so little for him they were willing to sacrifice him. He’s only been with PBC for four fights and two of them were against Joshua. He’s not following the model.

Kownacki was knocked out by Helenius. He’s the perfect example for what I’m talking about.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

siablo14 likes this.

Comment

I would think he was following the model if his time Matchroom didn’t go the way it did.

Originally posted by Keysandboxing View Post

He's on the pbc formula or no top heavyweights want to fight, which one is it.

Comment

Crawford is on the PBC model because PBC controls his career.

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

Maybe they should follow the Terrance Crawford career strategy. Face no quality opposition at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X