No announcement yet.

Great card last night!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
    Eh. No one outside the UK cares about their boxing scene.
    Whether or not that’s true is beside the point.

Show was great fun.

Do you watch the Italian, Spanish and Mexican cards? They’re pretty good too.

Put on fun competitive fights with good production and I’ll watch it! Boxing fan innit!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Whether or not that’s true is beside the point.

Show was great fun.

Do you watch the Italian, Spanish and Mexican cards? They’re pretty good too.

Put on fun competitive fights with good production and I’ll watch it! Boxing fan innit!
      Russian cards are great fun too man, can't beat the Russians for the sheer chaotic randomness of the inter-bout entertainment for sure. The chicks are always hot - or at the very least crazy - and they usually manage to put on some pretty damn competitive fights too.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Correct. Never bothered to check it out.
        I watched it, as it's like 7-11.30pm or so, so a great time for me, rather than all the American cards I watch at 1-5 in the morning. Not a bad card, certainly nothing I would go out of my way to watch if I lived in the States or another Country though. There were no real names, no high-level operators, but they were all/most good 50-50 fights at a decent, top domestic level. The Chinese guy who held the WBA regular pretend belt was much worse than I expected though. Long story, short, you didn't miss anything of note BoxingIsGreat. I'm a Brit, but I judge everything as fairly as I can for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Russian cards are great fun too man, can't beat the Russians for the sheer chaotic randomness of the inter-bout entertainment for sure. The chicks are always hot - or at the very least crazy - and they usually manage to put on some pretty damn competitive fights too.
          Forgot about the Russian cards!

I remember one from about a month or so ago where there was a legit hour long concert thrown in middle of the event! Random!

Comment

Here is my take on the new team- Maya is fun and likeable, but having just her and Bellew was a terrible idea, there needed to be a third person, such as from the old Sky team, Froch or Nelson, to debate, disagree on the fights, as Maya can't really debate with Belleas she has no credentials or knowledge so that felt flat.

The main commentator, I don't know his name, whilst technically good, doesn't have the voice for it. No drive, no passion. Say what you want about Adam Smith, but he brings excitement to his commentary, something that was sorely lacking with the passionless commentator yesterday.

Andy Lee, knowledgeable guy, though a bizarre scorecard for the final fight, but he could put a glass eye to sleep. No personality at all. Not suited to the role. Laura Woods, pure composure, grace, and class. A natural in any sports setting. The fight's, not high level, but competitive, decent card, though Benn was a miss. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

I watched it, as it's like 7-11.30pm or so, so a great time for me, rather than all the American cards I watch at 1-5 in the morning. Not a bad card, certainly nothing I would go out of my way to watch if I lived in the States or another Country though. There were no real names, no high-level operators, but they were all/most good 50-50 fights at a decent, top domestic level. The Chinese guy who held the WBA regular pretend belt was much worse than I expected though. Long story, short, you didn't miss anything of note BoxingIsGreat. I'm a Brit, but I judge everything as fairly as I can for what it is.
              I read the RBR thread for a few minutes and some of the American posters that I actually respect were saying it was a POS, so I didn't bother. Anything at Hearn's garden, I'm not watching. I didn't wanna give Hearn even a free streaming view. I'll make sure to skip his American cards too, unless Haney is fighting some legit threat or Katie Taylor vs McCaskill.

I know you are from the UK, but sorry, I don't like Hearn and what he stands for. I didn't watch the PBC card either, it sounded like meh.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 08-01-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I read the RBR thread for a few minutes and some of the American posters that actually respect were saying it was a POS, so I didn't bother. Anything at Hearn's garden, I'm not watching. I didn't wanna give Hearn even a free streaming view. I'll make sure to skip his American cards too, unless Haney is fighting some legit threat or Katie Taylor vs McCaskill.

I know you are from the UK, but sorry, I don't like Hearn and what he stands for. I didn't watch the PBC card either, it sounded like meh.
                The early card was crap, but the last two fights weren't bad. Taylor vs McCaskill 2 would be interesting now, as JM is more experience now, though, I gave her 0% chance in England in a 2 vs 1 match against Katie Taylor and A Star. She'd need to get that fight in the States. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

The early card was crap, but the last two fights weren't bad. Taylor vs McCaskill 2 would be interesting now, as JM is more experience now, though, I gave her 0% chance in England in a 2 vs 1 match against Katie Taylor and A Star. She'd need to get that fight in the States. Nash out.

I don't think Jessica is going there anytime soon.

Comment

I don't think Jessica is going there anytime soon.
                    She'd be crazy too. These A Star referees are the best finishers in boxing history. Nash out.

Comment

Good domestic card but nothing special. I actually cancelled my DAZN subscription when I seen the fight camp cards. It’s no better than the Sky cards Matchroom used to put on. Even some of the same stooges have tagged along like Bellew- who’s consistently awful.

I also like really Andy Lee though. Great commentator, unbiased, good analysis. Mike Costello is a great addition too, far better than Adam “Mr Bean” Smith who they had on Sky.

Don’t care for Maya Jama and Laura Woods, nice to look at but I don’t watch boxing to thirst over presenters, the ring card girls will do for me. All presenters should be boxing people in my opinion. They should add something to the broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                      X