• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo ducked Caleb Plant

surprised nobody has made a thread stating the obvious

Plant and haymon/pbc literally conceded everything to make the fight happen

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...828972036?s=20
    https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...794897922?s=20

"His bark is bigger than his bite," Plant told ESPN during a phone conversation Tuesday evening. "Canelo was offered the highest guarantee of his career: He was set to make $40 million plus Mexican TV rights and his Hennessy Sponsorship. No problem, let's fight. We gave it to him. Then they wanted upside of gate and PPV revenue; no problem, let's rumble."It was always agreed that it was a (title) unification; no rematch for either fighter. Towards the end of negotiations they asked for a rematch when they lose. No problem, you can have the rematch as well, I just wanna fight.""One that is absurd: If I get injured or sick then he gets a late replacement for the same amount of guaranteed money, but if he gets sick or injured, then we gotta wait for him," Plant added. "We're at seven-and-a-half weeks from the fight; we've lost valuable time that should be spent promoting and drug testing for a fight of this magnitude. "I question whether legacy or money is their real motive. We've been waiting for him to get done with his wedding, shooting his TV show, his golf tournament and now have tried to give him everything he wants and more to make this fight. I'm more than willing, able and ready to fight Canelo Alvarez on any date. Those are the real facts and if anyone has something to say differently, we have the paperwork to prove it"

I fw Canelo but lets call it what it is. Canelo is still the same slow, plodding boxer from 2013. Caleb Plant is Canelo's worst nightmare. He's a mixture of Lara/Mayweather at 168, and he clearly has the size advantage as the natural 168lber. Caleb's hands/feet are too fast and Canelo knows this. That's why Canelo is making this fight damn near impossible to happen. He wants to be undisputed, but he knows the odds of him losing the Plant are very real.

So what is Canelo thinking about doing now? Fighting Bivol who is just about as unproven as Plant, but wants to drain him down to 168. lol.

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

"His bark is bigger than his bite," Plant told ESPN during a phone conversation Tuesday evening. "Canelo was offered the highest guarantee of his career: He was set to make $40 million plus Mexican TV rights and his Hennessy Sponsorship. No problem, let's fight. We gave it to him. Then they wanted upside of gate and PPV revenue; no problem, let's rumble."It was always agreed that it was a (title) unification; no rematch for either fighter. Towards the end of negotiations they asked for a rematch when they lose. No problem, you can have the rematch as well, I just wanna fight.""One that is absurd: If I get injured or sick then he gets a late replacement for the same amount of guaranteed money, but if he gets sick or injured, then we gotta wait for him," Plant added. "We're at seven-and-a-half weeks from the fight; we've lost valuable time that should be spent promoting and drug testing for a fight of this magnitude. "I question whether legacy or money is their real motive. We've been waiting for him to get done with his wedding, shooting his TV show, his golf tournament and now have tried to give him everything he wants and more to make this fight. I'm more than willing, able and ready to fight Canelo Alvarez on any date. Those are the real facts and if anyone has something to say differently, we have the paperwork to prove it"

I fw Canelo but lets call it what it is. Canelo is still the same slow, plodding boxer from 2013. Caleb Plant is Canelo's worst nightmare. He's a mixture of Lara/Mayweather at 168, and he clearly has the size advantage as the natural 168lber. Caleb's hands/feet are too fast and Canelo knows this. That's why Canelo is making this fight damn near impossible to happen. He wants to be undisputed, but he knows the odds of him losing the Plant are very real.

So what is Canelo thinking about doing now? Fighting Bivol who is just about as unproven as Plant, but wants to drain him down to 168. lol.
    Canelo ducked Plant. He did not make this absurds demands when he was fighting Callum or Saunders.

Comment

Don’t make yourself look like a clown. Bivol himself told he’s gonna go down to 168 for Canelo. lol my ass.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...fight-the-best

Comment

Nobody ducked anybody, c’mon surely people can’t believe Canelo is scared of Caleb Plant.

It seems like Canelo is being a diva here, however, I do expect them to work something out. Both guys are leaving a lot of money on the table if they don’t.

My gut instinct is the fight happens.
        The Big Dunn, Mammoth and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

Don’t make yourself look like a clown. Bivol himself told he’s gonna go down to 168 for Canelo. lol my ass.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...fight-the-best
          Ward vs Dawson 2.0 incoming

Comment

Ward vs Dawson 2.0 incoming
            Dawson never said he’d fight the Champions at 168 just to make a fight nor did he mention it was easy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

Canelo ducked Plant. He did not make this absurds demands when he was fighting Callum or Saunders.
              That’s cause he trust dazn and doesn’t trust pbc

yall are dumb

Comment

Plant is “so willing to make the fight” but for two years he tucked in face with weird answers when industry asked him directly, “would YOU be WILLING to fight Canelo (the cash cow) on DAZN?”

This idiot never said yes. These guys are all Haymon puppets. Andy Ruiz had no problem.

Comment

Please, if PBC conceded to everything Canelo asked for, why isn't the fight a done deal? Why's Caleb complaining about Canelo asking for his guaranteed pay even if Plant pulls out?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                    Please, if PBC conceded to everything Canelo asked for, why isn't the fight a done deal? Why's Caleb complaining about Canelo asking for his guaranteed pay even if Plant pulls out?
                    I thought the same thing. Plant was complaining about Canelo's alleged requests that had no bearing on Plant or the actual fight. It's not like he was complaining that Canelo asked for a 16' ring size or that they both had to use Reyes gloves. It seemed odd that he brought up things like the Hennessy sponsorship.

I'm not a Canelo fan, I wouldn't be surprised if he was making diva requests and wouldn't be surprised if he requested additional assurances from a promotion and network they he's not used to dealing with. We will probably never really know the real reasons for the impasse. I want to see the unification fight with Plant, but there's no way that Canelo is afraid of Plant as a fighter. Bivol is a much more dangerous opponent IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X