Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Views Crawford Fight As Biggest Of His Career: I Don't Think The World Can Get Any More Excited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Bob Arum On Crawford Vs. Porter: ‘Who’s Going To Pay For It?’

May 25, 2021 by Albert Craine

“We could make a big fight vs Porter, but who’s going to pay for it?” said Arum to The Athletic.

“There’s a limit to what I can get out of ESPN. And on PPV… Crawford’s never done anything on PPV. Nothing against him. It is what it is.”

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...-for-it/179347

Bob Arum Wants Terence Crawford Vs. Shawn Porter In November On Pay-Per-View

July 26, 2021 l 1 Comment l by Rob Smith

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum says the WBO-ordered fight between 147-lb champion Terence Crawford and challenger Shawn Porter will be taking place in November on pay-per-view.

Arum says it WON’T go to a purse bid, which means he’s going to go all out to get the Crawford-Porter match negotiated to avoid what happened recently with the Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr clash.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...er-view/183552

A lot has changed between May 25th, and July 26th! Lol! Classic Bob..."Yesterday I was lying, but today I'm telling the truth!"
    He can’t let lose another fight to purse bid especially a fight of this magnitude espn could probably break contract with him in some type of loophole

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

im excited dont speak on behalf of others, lying is not needed
      So, Porter's style is exciting to you? Name one fight?

Comment

Make Crawford vs Porter and the winner (likely Crawford) can get the winner of Spence vs pac (likely Spence) and if it plays out that way and we gets clear winner between Spence and Crawford, we’ll have a clear #1 welterweight and a # 1 p4p fighter. This is what boxing needs to get back on track.
        Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Really looking forward to thks fight

Comment

Crawford is in shock and dismay at this announcement lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post

Does PBC even have any 147 prospects? Garcia, Porter, those two aren’t exciting names anymore. Porter is lucky to have Crawford as a dance partner, otherwise he and Garcia really should be the PBC gatekeepers at their weight.
              Jaron "Boots" Ennis.... if you haven't seen him fight look him up. He could very well be the best welterweight out there.
              Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Make Crawford vs Porter and the winner (likely Crawford) can get the winner of Spence vs pac (likely Spence) and if it plays out that way and we gets clear winner between Spence and Crawford, we’ll have a clear #1 welterweight and a # 1 p4p fighter. This is what boxing needs to get back on track.
                I second every word in this post

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Jaron "Boots" Ennis.... if you haven't seen him fight look him up. He could very well be the best welterweight out there.
                  I don't think he's with PBC. Is he?

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    You cant fake the kind of authenticity, fairness, thoughtfulness and intelligence that Shawn Porter brings to Boxing, it is who he is and he brings it wherever he goes. On top of that he's humble and that's mind blowing in the age of loud, self promoting media mouth pieces.

If you can't love and admire Shawn Porter you should probably stop and take inventory of yourself.
                    Well said. Big fan of Porter, moreso outside of the ring than inside (and that's a rarity in this sport). He's a great ambassador for Boxing. He may not always bring the most aesthetically pleasing style I'm the ring but he's a tough out for any fighter.
                    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

It's not clear where this fight is going. PBC or Top Rank.
                      Media never poses the question as if boxing is a normal sport.

In any case, fans, I would assume, don't give a hoot as long as it gets made.
                      We'll see if PBC is interested in the purse bid.

Comment

Working...
                      X