Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: COVID-19 Knocks Cody Crowley Out Of FOX Main Event Against Gabriel Maestre On August 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: COVID-19 Knocks Cody Crowley Out Of FOX Main Event Against Gabriel Maestre On August 7th

COVID-19 has ruined another "FOX PBC Fight Night" main event. BoxingScene.com has learned that Canadian welterweight Cody Crowley has tested positive for coronavirus and withdrew Thursday from his fight against Gabriel Maestre. Crowley (19-0, 9 KOs) and Maestre (3-0, 3 KOs) were set to meet August 7 for the vacant WBA interim welterweight title in a 12-round fight FOX was supposed to televise from The Armory in Minneapolis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Are you ****ing kidding me.... Ugh covid or covid excuses ruining all the fights I keep looking forward to.
    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Cody Crowley was ranked #12 by the WBA yet was fighting for a WBA interim title.

How about they replace him with Stanionis, the guy ranked #1, who per the WBA’s own rules should be the one getting this sort of opportunity.
      edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

No knock on Crawley, but he wasn't a step up in class. Maestre wrecked Diego Chaves in his 2nd fight as a pro and he was a former interim world champ and a solid fighter. Crawley was probably gonna get the same treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Cody Crowley was ranked #12 by the WBA yet was fighting for a WBA interim title.

How about they replace him with Stanionis, the guy ranked #1, who per the WBA’s own rules should be the one getting this sort of opportunity.
          That’d be great. I haven’t seen any of Maestre, but looking at his amateur career, and short pro career, he seems like a more interesting matchup than old Collazo imo. Give Collazo a late replacement & with a win a opportunity against the winner. Chance to keep his career alive & earn a payday or more likely a way to keep the winner of the fight active after against a recognizable name.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

That’d be great. I haven’t seen any of Maestre, but looking at his amateur career, and short pro career, he seems like a more interesting matchup than old Collazo imo. Give Collazo a late replacement & with a win a opportunity against the winner. Chance to keep his career alive & earn a payday or more likely a way to keep the winner of the fight active after against a recognizable name.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Put Collazo in with Devon Alexander. Think he’s on this card too.

edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I know he wasn't really worthy of a shot but I wanted to see Crowley used as food for Maestre's early resume.

Comment

Lol all the atheltes I know got 2 vaccines long ago...I can't believe all these boxers are not vaccinated. They are simply not telling us that they get ill despite the vaccines.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

I know he wasn't really worthy of a shot but I wanted to see Crowley used as food for Maestre's early resume.
                  I’ve not seen much of Crowley tbh. I didn’t think it was a bad fight either, especially considering Masetre’s lack of professional experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X