Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez vs. Jose Uzcategui - Showtime Tripleheader Announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent Card! Hopefully Covid don't ruin things because I think David and Jose will bring out an INCREDIBLE hometown Crowd

Just don't piss them off like Chavez Jr did when he quiet vs Jacobs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

It ain't you. Haymon does nothing to advance the careers of any fighter that isn't black. All his black fighters get babied to big fights and world title shots fighting far more hopeless guys than Uzcategui here, while anybody non-black gets thrown on their undercard or a crappy card having to face much more risky fights just to get there. Haymon always feeding his favorites Hispanic fighters that have no little to no chance of beating them and it's been obvious as hell for years. Benavidez is the real deal though. Aside from Canelo, he mows down everybody in his division. Hopefully he can still make weight.
      What are you talking about? Benavidez is a two time champion and has done nothing but fcuk it off. He should be champion right now as we speak but that’s his own fault. You talk about people being babied Benavidez has had every opportunity in the world. He acts like he has a god given right to a title shot.

Comment

It ain't you. Haymon does nothing to advance the careers of any fighter that isn't black. All his black fighters get babied to big fights and world title shots fighting far more hopeless guys than Uzcategui here, while anybody non-black gets thrown on their undercard or a crappy card having to face much more risky fights just to get there. Haymon always feeding his favorites Hispanic fighters that have no little to no chance of beating them and it's been obvious as hell for years. Benavidez is the real deal though. Aside from Canelo, he mows down everybody in his division. Hopefully he can still make weight.
        Lol what? Who did Benavidez get his title off of? Plant beat the same guy Benavidez is fighting for the title.

The point was how all the SHO cards have had been good with competitive main events (Charlo/Castano, Nery/Figueora, Donaire/Oubaali, Fulton/Figueroa, Rigo/Casimero, etc) and Benavidez is getting mainly one sided fights...Uzcategui is fine, but look at Benavidez's last opponent. Even the Ennis/Lipinets card was very exciting. SHO has had a great run but this Benavidez card is a bit meh, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

What are you talking about? Benavidez is a two time champion and has done nothing but fcuk it off. He should be champion right now as we speak but that’s his own fault. You talk about people being babied Benavidez has had every opportunity in the world. He acts like he has a god given right to a title shot.
          I agree with most of this. He hasn't been babied at all but has definitely shot himself in the foot more than once. Benavidez is the only Hispanic fighter that PBC actually shows some interest in building bc everybody on the planet knows he is special. He hasn't been babied at all. Won his first title at 20 against tough comp in Gavril(one of Mayweather's guys)and beat Dirrell, who is a very good fighter(and one of Haymon's favorites) for his second one. Even all those biased pro-black channels like DBN, Chumpside and LDBC be claiming him riding his wave, but be straight hating on Canelo. Haymon a loves to pit his favs against Spanish dudes with little to no chance to win, but all the Hispanic fighters gotta fight thru fire to get up there. Haymon or his people sure wasn't anywhere to be heard from when Benavidez wanted Charlo's head tho. Just calling it like I see it. Ain't hard to see the racial bias either.

Comment

Look at plants last 3 fights, talk about being spoon fed

Comment

Benevidez is one of my favorite fighters. Tall, rangy fighter with an inexhaustible toolkit, that is equally effective from range or in a phone booth. His fights are always interesting. You can bet this fight will be much more entertaining than Plant’s “championship” outing. Benevidez beats Plant easy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Lol what? Who did Benavidez get his title off of? Plant beat the same guy Benavidez is fighting for the title.

The point was how all the SHO cards have had been good with competitive main events (Charlo/Castano, Nery/Figueora, Donaire/Oubaali, Fulton/Figueroa, Rigo/Casimero, etc) and Benavidez is getting mainly one sided fights...Uzcategui is fine, but look at Benavidez's last opponent. Even the Ennis/Lipinets card was very exciting. SHO has had a great run but this Benavidez card is a bit meh, that's all.
                I agree with most of this. But you can't knock Benavidez for his opponents. Nobody wants to fight him. Him and Charlo are under Haymon and there was no peep of that happening after their recent dust-ups. Benavidez gets rid of Charlo and Haymon knows it, so he let him on a take on Montiel( another lesser Hispanic fighter that was made to be fodder and came in tougher than they thought). Nobody thought Castaņo had a chance against Charlo( Castaņo really beat him and got robbed) and nobody thinks Figueroa has a chance against Fulton(and he really does). Only reason those fights got made were bc they can hide the racial bias towards black fighters under the guise that they are/were unifications and the Hispanic fighter is a big underdog. PBC been doing it for years. Just calling it like I see it.

Comment

I agree with most of this. But you can't knock Benavidez for his opponents. Nobody wants to fight him. Him and Charlo are under Haymon and there was no peep of that happening after their recent dust-ups. Benavidez gets rid of Charlo and Haymon knows it, so he let him on a take on Montiel( another lesser Hispanic fighter that was made to be fodder and came in tougher than they thought). Nobody thought Castaņo had a chance against Charlo( Castaņo really beat him and got robbed) and nobody thinks Figueroa has a chance against Fulton(and he really does). Only reason those fights got made were bc they can hide the racial bias towards black fighters under the guise that they are/were unifications and the Hispanic fighter is a big underdog. PBC been doing it for years. Just calling it like I see it.
                  Nobody thought Castano had a chance vs Charlo? Okay...No one thinks Figueroa has a chance vs Fulton? Okay.......Danny Garcia and LSC are two fighters fans have killed for years for fighting in mismatches. So that doesn't even make sense.

Benavidez has also screwed up twice losing his title...But I agree, the Charlo fight needs to happen. What else does Charlo have going for him?

I mean Benavidez just fought Ellis last and that fight was never meant to be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Nobody thought Castano had a chance vs Charlo? Okay...No one thinks Figueroa has a chance vs Fulton? Okay.......Danny Garcia and LSC are two fighters fans have killed for years for fighting in mismatches. So that doesn't even make sense.

Benavidez has also screwed up twice losing his title...But I agree, the Charlo fight needs to happen. What else does Charlo have going for him?

I mean Benavidez just fought Ellis last and that fight was never meant to be competitive.
                    Garcia and LSC are two of the most overrated fighters with big names that Haymon groomed and look where they're at now. Being fed to Haymon's favorites and were underdogs in all those fights. Thurman, Porter, and Spence were all prohibitive favorites against DSG and LSC was dog food for Davis and everybody that knows boxing knew that. Again, Benavidez can only fight whoever is willing to get in there with him. Neither Canelo or Smith wanted the WBC belt when he had it, but jumped all over it when he got stripped. Charlo backpedalled on all that talk when Benavidez put that pressure on him.Benavidez is a huge-risk low-reward and they know it. Dude is a serious threat.

Comment

Uzcategui is a get-me-before-I-get-you fighter .

Comment

Working...
                      X