Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thomas Dulorme To Danny Garcia: You Want It At 154? No Problem; I Will Move Up, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martin_1995 View Post
    Danny has always been a mediocre fighter. And his dad a mediocre trainer. He was wash up at welter now at 154 he is a nobody. Unless he keeps fighting inside the self proclaime best at 147 (bronner, spence, thurman and porter and spence). Mediocre vs mediocre makes the winner looks less mediocre but still mediocre. That's the strategy of the american promoters, to give the impression that there are no other boxers in the world. Can name over 10 top welters at 147 from Germany and russia that will kill any top 147 pounders from US. Fans aren't falling for it anymore. boxing is dead...... nitramzaid@hotmail.com
    Like Kavaliskus or Stanionis XD, please stop with all this bull, oh wait are you talking about Sebastian Formella.You just hate American fighters, just admit it. Tribalism at its finest. Totally, Danny is a mediocre fighter even though he's a two weight world champion, gave everyone he fought at 147 hell, except Spence, and beat prime Amir Khan, and Lucas Maythesse even though he was the under dog in both those fights.
    Last edited by Keysandboxing; 07-29-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by martin_1995 View Post
      Danny has always been a mediocre fighter. And his dad a mediocre trainer. He was wash up at welter now at 154 he is a nobody. Unless he keeps fighting inside the self proclaime best at 147 (bronner, spence, thurman and porter and spence). Mediocre vs mediocre makes the winner looks less mediocre but still mediocre. That's the strategy of the american promoters, to give the impression that there are no other boxers in the world. Can name over 10 top welters at 147 from Germany and russia that will kill any top 147 pounders from US. Fans aren't falling for it anymore. boxing is dead...... nitramzaid@hotmail.com
      Please indulge! We're waiting...

NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Dulorme is more Puerto Rican than Garcia and he's not even PR.

Comment

Originally posted by BaDaBingVIP2 View Post
          dulorme been chinny since 135, at 154 gets put in a coma.
          Lol comical statement Dulorme started his career at 135 and had 3 fights there how the hell was he chinny at 135 if he didn't even stay in the division long or lose there? All his knockout losses have come at 140 and up and both were TKOs he doesn't have the best chin but he seems to have developed more durability since he stopped cutting to 140.

This is a good fight to test the waters at 154 Danny doesn't have it anymore but if he wants to have a couple fights before cashing out in a title fight I'd be ok with it he doesn't let his hands go anymore and at 154 I don't think he's going to be a big puncher especially with the bigger gloves against heavier opponents.

Comment

Yep, this is definitely a Danny Garcia opponent. He did the same when he went to Welter. He fought lighter fighters, but lost whenever he fought actual Welters.

Why claim you need to move up in weight but refuse to fight fighters from that weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              When a name fighter moves up in weight, it’s standard operating procedure to drag a safe opponent up in weight with you to test how the body reacts to the move.

I don’t know why this is being billed as some kind of rivalry lol.
              In the US it is. But not anywhere else. When you move up, you fight fighters from that weight class. Bringing up lighter fighters defeats it's purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                If this happens it's no shock. We all know Danny likes him some easy fights.
                that narrative of him being a cherry picker is a bit overstated, mainly because of the joke of a fight with Salka. At 140 he fought both khan and Mathysse as an underdog and despite the losses, at 147 he fought Thurman, Porter and Spence. Not one other welterweight has faced all 3 of them. You’d actually be hard pressed to find any current fighter outside from Pacquiao who has faced more top guys in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  Yep, this is definitely a Danny Garcia opponent. He did the same when he went to Welter. He fought lighter fighters, but lost whenever he fought actual Welters.

Why claim you need to move up in weight but refuse to fight fighters from that weight class?
                  Yep, this would be a sh** fight to debut at 154 with, but let’s not pretend that your hard on for Garcia doesn’t stem from him punching your fellow Brit Amir Khan out of his socks. Speaking of Khan and fighting lighter fighters at welterweight, other than against old Collazo, aren’t all of his wins at welter against guys who spent the vast majority of their careers as either lightweights or at 140? You have that same sentiment for Khan or you gonna find a way to spin it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Yep, this would be a sh** fight to debut at 154 with, but let’s not pretend that your hard on for Garcia doesn’t stem from him punching your fellow Brit Amir Khan out of his socks. Speaking of Khan and fighting lighter fighters at welterweight, other than against old Collazo, aren’t all of his wins at welter against guys who spent the vast majority of their careers as either lightweights or at 140? You have that same sentiment for Khan or you gonna find a way to spin it?
                    Garcia cherry picking has nothing to do with Khan. I'm not so petty. If an actual problem was there and Khan was done wrong, then i'd spell it out clearly. The only thing Garcia did was deny Khan a rematch because he knew he got away with one there. Khan going for the lead uppercut and stepping into the left hook counter was stupid. But something he could have corrected. Garcia knew that which is why he and his father wouldn't do it. Khan was spanking him otherwise. The look on Danny and his father's face in the corner was priceless. All the belief left them in that moment. Khan's stupid move was a god send for him. And besides, Khan will go down as the better overall fighter and more accomplished. Who did he beat other than Khan? The robbery over Lucas? The 10/8 round that shouldn't have been as he hit Lucas when he was tied up on the ropes and is illegal. Danny should have been deducted 2 points or been DQ'd for that. Look up the rules. It's on the same level as hitting a downed opponent. It really should have been a 10/7 for Lucas. That's a huge swing in points there. But none of this disputes Danny constantly picking lighter fighters. he hasn't moved up in weight because he can't make it any more. He's done so because he'll be beaten by all the top fighters. He didn't need to move to Welter either. He only did so because he was beaten by Peterson so pretended he needed to move up. He didn't, which is why he did all the catchweight bullshlt against lighter and shot fighters. It's a Danny special. He's made a career out of it some how. If he fights any decent Light Middle, he'll be spanked hard. Don't pretend otherwise.

Collazo was a decent win, but it doesn't stand historically. Only good wins or better do for me when judging their all time rankings and what not. But at least he was natural at the weight and at a time when he still had a bit left. he wasn't a good world class fighter any more, but he was still solid and a challenge. Most Americans picked him to not only beat Khan, but knock him out. Collazo was the only one to hit the canvas. You lot said the same for Alexander only for him to be brutally dominated too.

Floyd and Manny ducked Khan, so who at Welter could Khan fight? You haven't forgotten about the poll Floyd did only for the vast majority to pick Khan as the opponent they most wanted? I haven't. It's just one of many foolish moments Floyd embarrassed himself with. He went instead for an opponent Khan had already beaten in Maidana. Even Floyd Sr knew to stay away from Khan as he was a bad style matchup for Floyd. My money would have went big on Khan. I would have collected too as well. History has a different story now. But not due to truth and proving as such. By avoiding like he always did. The only Welter Khan ducked was Brook.
                    NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Garcia cherry picking has nothing to do with Khan. I'm not so petty. If an actual problem was there and Khan was done wrong, then i'd spell it out clearly. The only thing Garcia did was deny Khan a rematch because he knew he got away with one there. Khan going for the lead uppercut and stepping into the left hook counter was stupid. But something he could have corrected. Garcia knew that which is why he and his father wouldn't do it. Khan was spanking him otherwise. The look on Danny and his father's face in the corner was priceless. All the belief left them in that moment. Khan's stupid move was a god send for him. And besides, Khan will go down as the better overall fighter and more accomplished. Who did he beat other than Khan? The robbery over Lucas? The 10/8 round that shouldn't have been as he hit Lucas when he was tied up on the ropes and is illegal. Danny should have been deducted 2 points or been DQ'd for that. Look up the rules. It's on the same level as hitting a downed opponent. It really should have been a 10/7 for Lucas. That's a huge swing in points there. But none of this disputes Danny constantly picking lighter fighters. he hasn't moved up in weight because he can't make it any more. He's done so because he'll be beaten by all the top fighters. He didn't need to move to Welter either. He only did so because he was beaten by Peterson so pretended he needed to move up. He didn't, which is why he did all the catchweight bullshlt against lighter and shot fighters. It's a Danny special. He's made a career out of it some how. If he fights any decent Light Middle, he'll be spanked hard. Don't pretend otherwise.

Collazo was a decent win, but it doesn't stand historically. Only good wins or better do for me when judging their all time rankings and what not. But at least he was natural at the weight and at a time when he still had a bit left. he wasn't a good world class fighter any more, but he was still solid and a challenge. Most Americans picked him to not only beat Khan, but knock him out. Collazo was the only one to hit the canvas. You lot said the same for Alexander only for him to be brutally dominated too.

Floyd and Manny ducked Khan, so who at Welter could Khan fight? You haven't forgotten about the poll Floyd did only for the vast majority to pick Khan as the opponent they most wanted? I haven't. It's just one of many foolish moments Floyd embarrassed himself with. He went instead for an opponent Khan had already beaten in Maidana. Even Floyd Sr knew to stay away from Khan as he was a bad style matchup for Floyd. My money would have went big on Khan. I would have collected too as well. History has a different story now. But not due to truth and proving as such. By avoiding like he always did. The only Welter Khan ducked was Brook.
                      I really can’t take you very seriously when you sat Floyd and pac ducked a guy that went life and death with Juan Diaz and Chris Algieri at 147. And for the record, at that point, Maidana was a much more dangerous opponent than Khan, and his win over an undefeated Broner in an upset was much more deserving of a fight with Floyd than Khan trying to avoid any dangerous fighter at 147 yet still struggling with heavy underdog Algieri. As far as the poll, the only embarrassment was khan prostituting his pride and begging all of England, Pakistan as well as Muslims all over the world to vote for him on a Floyd created Twitter poll. That was the real embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
                      X