Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Know Whether Canelo-Plant Fight Is Dead; Looks Unlikely For September 18th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Know Whether Canelo-Plant Fight Is Dead; Looks Unlikely For September 18th

Eddie Hearn hasn't given up entirely on the possibility of Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant fighting next. Alvarez's promoter suggested that after a couple days pass that stalled negotiations could resume for their full super middleweight title unification fight. Hearn also acknowledged during his weekly appearance Wednesday on "The DAZN Boxing Show" that he has discussed other options for Alvarez's next fight, namely WBA light heavyweight champ Dmitry Bivol, with Alvarez and his head trainer/manager, Eddy Reynoso.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I can see Plant making demands he has no business making. The way he speaks of himself gave me little hope that this fight can be made. Ego outweighs accomplishments with this clown.

Comment

Plant is nothing more than a pussified ***** who is a slave to his zaddy (aka Al Haymon)

Comment

Canelo being a diva.

Comment

Another great fight to lose interest in because of petty bickering. Starting to be the norm.

Comment

If Eddie says it’s not happening then the fight is likely happening.

He’s consistently wrong about this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              I can see Plant making demands he has no business making. The way he speaks of himself gave me little hope that this fight can be made. Ego outweighs accomplishments with this clown.
              Spot on.... atleast we still have AJ vs Usyk,more intrigued with that match than Canelo/Plant as we all know Plant was more than likely getting his **** pushed in.
              jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

So Plant is out there claiming that's its Alvarez not agreeing, that he has agreed to everything, but yahoo has a story claiming they have the inside scoop, and there saying it's 2 things holding this up, the main thing is Plant wanting the same percentage revenue from PPV as Alvarez, which is ludicrous since he's never sold a PPV in his life, Canelo should get the lion's share of the PPV, the second, and this is contradicting Plant, because he has said he agreed to a 20x20 ring, but that the contract states that they want a 22x22 the same size BJS had for his fight for Canelo. Now, the problem is that all fights held at a indoor arena in Vegas has always had a standard 20x20, all big fights have had this size. I'm not going to blame either side, but I will say that the Alvarez camp are the ones who have been looking for this fight since last year, and Plant has been pushing this fight off, so believe who ever you want, but imo PBC are the ones probably holding this fight hostage.

Comment

Why does Eddie need to keep saying "Canelo told me I'm his promoter so I'm his promoter. If he was...then he would just say Canelo was contracted to him. Hearn is well aware that if PBC is lead promoter on that fight then he's not Canelos promoter because as he said...he will have nothing to do with it. Fight is stalled because PBC don't want Eddie to get paid...they want him off the bill entirely.
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                    So Plant is out there claiming that's its Alvarez not agreeing, that he has agreed to everything, but yahoo has a story claiming they have the inside scoop, and there saying it's 2 things holding this up, the main thing is Plant wanting the same percentage revenue from PPV as Alvarez, which is ludicrous since he's never sold a PPV in his life, Canelo should get the lion's share of the PPV, the second, and this is contradicting Plant, because he has said he agreed to a 20x20 ring, but that the contract states that they want a 22x22 the same size BJS had for his fight for Canelo. Now, the problem is that all fights held at a indoor arena in Vegas has always had a standard 20x20, all big fights have had this size. I'm not going to blame either side, but I will say that the Alvarez camp are the ones who have been looking for this fight since last year, and Plant has been pushing this fight off, so believe who ever you want, but imo PBC are the ones probably holding this fight hostage.
                    Sounds about right I called this fight not happening ever since I saw interviews of Plant after the Saunders fight. His response was always well nothing is definite but the Canelo fight is a "possibility" not a for sure thing he would talking as if he knew he wasn't willing first it was he didn't have enough time to prepare the first time he got offered the fight now he had plenty of time and he wants an even share of PPV revenue? He's looking to cash out not confident in his skills at all and I don't blame him he has a good jab but his power hand is brittle don't think he has anything to bother Canelo except the jab early.

jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X