Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coppinger: Talks Fall Apart in 11th Hour for Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant Undisputed Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post

Well whatever the reason plant should be furious. Especially as it wasn’t him who turned down the deal, he was happy with his fee. I’m pretty sure canelo wanted the fight too so I’d be interested to know who’s at fault.
    You’ve already decided who is at fault and who should be mad without any facts or information. Worse, as the facts come in you will likely ignore them and force everything into the narrative you’ve created,never if the facts prove that narrative false.

come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      And boxing just continues to shoot itself in the foot. Meanwhile UFC PPV's are doing great numbers and the best continue to fight the best.
      Like this post but I will just say this-while plant has a title and this is a unification fight, I think the majority of boxing fans think charlo, Benavidez, ggg, Bivol and Bieterbiev would all be better fights than Plant and that this fight is not the best fighting the best.

Comment

I read somewhere else that Plant was unhappy that the substitution clause only went 1 way...... meaning that if Plant pulls out with an injury or whatever, Canelo gets a new opponent and the event goes on, but if Canelo pulls out with an injury, then the event is off. Which makes PERFECT sense. Does Plant really think that if Canelo falls off, that he is still getting $10 million to fight Willie Pinecone instead? LOLOL

(And I dont know the validity of this story, its just what I read)

Comment

This is how it is negotiating with a PBC fighter. It's hard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You’ve already decided who is at fault and who should be mad without any facts or information. Worse, as the facts come in you will likely ignore them and force everything into the narrative you’ve created,never if the facts prove that narrative false.

come on man.
            Well yeah the person who’s unlikely to see this sort of money should obviously be mad.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              I read somewhere else that Plant was unhappy that the substitution clause only went 1 way...... meaning that if Plant pulls out with an injury or whatever, Canelo gets a new opponent and the event goes on, but if Canelo pulls out with an injury, then the event is off. Which makes PERFECT sense. Does Plant really think that if Canelo falls off, that he is still getting $10 million to fight Willie Pinecone instead? LOLOL

Surely the most reasonable solution is for that clause to not exist for either of them?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

Frankly, I couldn’t understand Plant on this either. I mean a healthy ego is a good thing in this sport but he can’t think he is a $10 mil ppv boxer without Canelo.

Comment

Plant detailed why it felt through. It's the ginger with his idiotic stipulations. 1 way rematch for clenelo. Huge ring, 40mill purse still even if plant gets injured during camp.

Comment

Originally posted by brown_knight06 View Post
                    Plant detailed why it felt through. It's the ginger with his idiotic stipulations. 1 way rematch for clenelo. Huge ring, 40mill purse still even if plant gets injured during camp.
                    So what?? Canelol is the A side and that's a fact. Let him have whatever he wants as long as Plant gets his 10 million then who really gives a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by brown_knight06 View Post
                      Huge ring?? Wouldn't plant want that??? Now your just being stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X