Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Does Not Expect Takam To Last The Full Distance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Does Not Expect Takam To Last The Full Distance

Joe Joyce is a few days away from his fight with former world title challenger Carlos Takam at SSE Arena, Wembley on Saturday July 24, live on BT. Joyce will be risking a guaranteed world title challenge when he tackles French star Takam (39-5-1, 28 KOs), who went ten rounds with Anthony Joshua in an IBF, IBO and WBA championship challenge in October 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Joyce, I don't expect Takam to last the full distance either. Carlos has been in alot of wars and while he's still crafty and game, there are alot of miles on the odometer.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      I agree with Joyce, I don't expect Takam to last the full distance either. Carlos has been in alot of wars and while he's still crafty and game, there are alot of miles on the odometer.
      I don't think a stoppage is by any means certain as Takam has proven tough and durable over the years and he's a tricky little warrior whose hard to catch clean at times. But I agree with you here . He's starting to show signs of wear and tear now and I think Big Joe will get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I don't think a stoppage is by any means certain as Takam has proven tough and durable over the years and he's a tricky little warrior whose hard to catch clean at times. But I agree with you here . He's starting to show signs of wear and tear now and I think Big Joe will get it done.
        Agreed, I actually like Takam alot. First time I saw him was against Mike Perez on HBO in 2014. He's tough and durable with decent skills. He gave AJ some good rounds and he probably should have gotten the win against Parker.

Carlos fades a bit in the later rounds and thats when Joyce will really be coming on strong. Just don't see him making it to the final bell.
        Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Agreed. Should be a fun fight.
          !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

No one expects Takam to do ****

Comment

Fun night of boxing. I'm looking forward to Jenkins vs Essuman too, that's a real 50/50 for the British and Commonwealth title.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                No one expects Takam to do ****
                Actually, most knowledgeable fans know Takam with give Joyce some tough rounds,
                but will eventually run out of steam mid/late rounds and be stopped. Joe has a solid engine throughout.

Comment

I agree. In my opinion, Joyce will KO Takam anywhere beyond the 6th round with a sustained beating unless it gets stopped earlier by an injury or a lucky shot. Possibly around 8th or 9th round.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Actually, most knowledgeable fans know Takam with give Joyce some tough rounds,
                    but will eventually run out of steam mid/late rounds and be stopped. Joe has a solid engine throughout.
                    Well, actually, TF point do you think you just made?

Comment

Working...
                    X