Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jaron Ennis Is Sharp, Flashy, Charismatic And Can Fight; "Boots" Can Beat Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post

OR...Crawford stops ducking Porter (that's a more exciting fight to me), Ennis fights Ugas, OR Keef fights Ugas to get his belt back and then shake the whole thing up, because now you'd get Spence/Thurman. Which is a very intriguing fight.
    Nah Keef can phuck off! Soon as he gets a belt he gonna reveal his true colours and start acting like he the one calling the shots.

Don't need that shieet! Phuck outta here with that.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

I dont see anyone beating boots.

Comment

This making me really ticked off actually. What the hell type of sport, can a guy be too good to get opportunities!!?? What type of structure do we have, where that seems to be the case time and time again?

Canelo didn’t touch Golovkin until Jacobs made him look vulnerable, there are countless examples of this.

Shakur Stevenson is another guy who is going to have a hell of a time getting big money fights.

You know who has been one of the biggest earning boxers in the lower weight divisions? Danny Garcia. Because he is the perfect combination of good enough to be credible as a top ten opponent but not good enough that he frightens opponents. If Danny Garcia was better, he would have made LESS money. Take a second to contemplate how messed up that is and tell me another sport where this ends up being the scenario.

Comment

Boots vs Custio Clayton is only right
          #4 and #5 by the IBF, #6 and #7 by the WBO so make it happen

Of course Porter, Thurman, Ugas and even Spence himself are not going to fight him right now because it is nothing in it for them so Boots don't have to rush anything he can continue to work his way up and ultimately he will find himself in a Mandatory Position with one of these Belt Organizations

Boots is a huge 147 so 154 is in his very near future as well so regardless if it is at 147 or 154 all these fights will happen eventually

Comment

I believe it's a risky fight for both Jaron Ennis and Shawn Porter. Porter is not shopworn yet. He is still a contender and would be the best fighter that Boots would have ever challenged. I am thinking more along the lines of a Keith Thurman, Adrien Broner, Robert Guerrero, Devin Alexander, Josesito Lopez or Andre Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post

Nah Keef can phuck off! Soon as he gets a belt he gonna reveal his true colours and start acting like he the one calling the shots.

Don't need that shieet! Phuck outta here with that.
              I don't think so.

If Keef completely dominated Ugas - and I'm not sure he does - I believe Spence calls him out to unify and I believe Keef accepts, because (A) it gets back the WBC he never lost and (B) it gets him the IBF that he's never held, plus The Ring which he's never held. Spence/Thurman is a big money fight, and Keef knows that. It sells itself: Spence fighting the last remaining one of the previous generation's "Three Kings" (Danny/Porter/Thurman) that he hasn't beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                Boots will give anybody a tough fight. I'd like to see him vs Danny Garcia, Porter or keef injury time Thurman
                Danny Garcia is already on record saying that he won't fight him because he is a Philly fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
                  What the hell type of sport, can a guy be too good to get opportunities!!?? What type of structure do we have, where that seems to be the case time and time again?
                  There is really no structure, or no definitive governing body like FIFA or ITF that mandate fights based on transparent, universal rankings to declare true champions. Corrupt belt organizations aside, the other problem is promoters having contracts with individual fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Jamal James is WBA Regular (elevated after Ugas was elevated), so he's in line for Ugas' title. He's officially next.

Whether it happens is a different thing.

What's weird is that Vergil Ortiz is WBA Gold. And nobody knows what that means except it's supposed to guarantee him a shot at a title.
                    The WBA is the worst! Actually, I've rarely seen the WBA "Super" fight the WBA "Regular," nor can I recall the last time the WBA has ordered their Champions to fight each other!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Danny Garcia is already on record saying that he won't fight him because he is a Philly fighter.
                      Haha that’s pretty convenient. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Ennis would wipe the floor with him….

Comment

Working...
                      X