Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson: I'd Beat Yarde and Arthur - But They Are Both Dangerous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson: I'd Beat Yarde and Arthur - But They Are Both Dangerous

Callum Johnson says that he hopes to leapfrog domestic rivals Lyndon Arthur and Anthony Yarde in the queue to get a shot at WBO light-heavyweight champion Joe Smith Jr before them.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warren more interested in Yarde than either Johnson or Arthur.

Comment

I think Callum Johnson has the best chance of becoming world champion out of all the British light heavyweights.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by !-1 View Post
        I think Callum Johnson has the best chance of becoming world champion out of all the British light heavyweights.
        Stylistically, Smith Jr. vs. Johnson is one of the most entertaining fights in any division. Let's see if Queensberry will actually put some money behind him instead of relying so heavily on Yarde.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 07-10-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
          Warren more interested in Yarde than either Johnson or Arthur.
          I agree. I think he has saw an opportunity to give yarde or Arthur an easy to make, beatable opponent. Nothing wrong with adding to his stable though. But he's definitely all about yarde in the same way he's all about Dubois. If Arthur and Joyce don't want those rematches get over it Frank lol.

Comment

He's a tough dude with decent power. Is that enough though? It wasn't once already. It's not our most promising division lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Stylistically, Smith Jr. vs. Johnson is one of the most entertaining fights in any division. Let's see if Queensberry will actually put some money behind him instead of relying so heavily on Yarde.
              Easy fight to make with the whole Arum, Warren and WBO in bed with each other thing. Would like to see it . The clock is ticking for Callum

Comment

What’s the story with his being from the East Midlands yet fighting for Scotland as an amateur? Scottish parent(s)?

Comment

What a shame the likes of Johnson, Yarde, Arthur & Buatsi Ect never fought each other for British, Commonwealth & EBU honour's enstead of dreaming about Micky Mouse alphabet trinkett's!

Comment

What’s the story with his being from the East Midlands yet fighting for Scotland as an amateur? Scottish parent(s)?

Yes, he grew up in Lincolnshire but his Dad is Scottish & he says he always thought of himself as Scottish. Obviously, Callum is a competely Scottish name.

I feel a bit sorry for Callum because his career hasn't gone how it should & there have been horribly long stretches of inactivity. Equally, he is an object lesson to young fighters to control their careers. If you say 'I just stay in the gym training, I leave it to my manager & promoter to make the fights' then you risk what has happened to Callum.

Comment

Working...
                    X