Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: William Zepeda Breaks Down, Stops Hector Tanajara in Six Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch Zepeda whooped him.. Tanajara and his new management played too many games.. he should have took the Machado fight..

Comment

Zepeda is something else. Congrats champ!

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
        Ouch Zepeda whooped him.. Tanajara and his new management played too many games.. he should have took the Machado fight..
        True, this loss falls on his new manager Rick Mirigian. Dude, did Hector a disservice by agreeing to the Zepeda fight after being out for over a yr and a half. Now Hector’s a FA and has loss a lot of leverage in further contract negotiations with any promoter. Shame, Tenajara should of just taken the Fortuna fight earlier in the yr at least he would of gotten him payed and headline the card but Mirigian balked at that fight and here he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
          Zepeda won me some money tonight, I figured the power difference would be to much . I was really impressed by his combinations tho , the way he put his punches together was nice.

Still not quite a finished product but I can deff see him making real noise at 135 real soon.
          Congrats on the winnings. You and others here had a better idea about how this would unfold than I did. I thought Tanajara would outbox Zepeda and use his jab and movement. Seems like that was Garcia's plan but the Mexican fighter had different plans. Zepeda the wrong guy to fight after long stretch of inactivity.

Comment

I had seen Zepeda once before, wondering how he would do in this fight, and obviously he has some skill and is someone to keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Congrats on the winnings. You and others here had a better idea about how this would unfold than I did. I thought Tanajara would outbox Zepeda and use his jab and movement. Seems like that was Garcia's plan but the Mexican fighter had different plans. Zepeda the wrong guy to fight after long stretch of inactivity.
              I had seen Tanajara spar a few times at Robert Garcia's gym.
              I knew this would happen as soon as he was put in with a strong determined fighter.
              I think I might've posted it a while back on the forum too.

I saw Robert Garcia pull him out of sparring once against an Amateur.
              Garcia knew what Tanajara can and Can't do Which is why he stopped the fight when he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

I knew this would happen as soon as he was put in with a strong determined fighter.

Garcia knew what Tanajara can and Can't do Which is why he stopped the fight when he did.
                That's good insight. I appreciate it and should have paid more attention to your post before making my picks. Yeah, Robert was saying things in that corner that definitely indicated he knew his man was outmatched. RG was trying get Tanajara to do things to maximize his chance of victory. When he told him that Zepeda wasn't going to stop coming forward and throwing, it was only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

Details???

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Thanks bro biggest reason I thought Tanajara would lose was the power difference figured he wouldn't be able to keep him off him . I myself thought Tanajara would do a lil better thanks to his boxing (As did Robert Garcia) but like i said Zepeda himself showed he's a bit more then just a power puncher. Showed some skills last night , along with nice combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by meeXxXFistologyy View Post

Details???
                      I think that's as far as I can go with the details.
                      You can take my word for it if you like.

Comment

Working...
                      X