Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko's Father Will Prepare Usyk For Joshua Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko's Father Will Prepare Usyk For Joshua Title Fight

According to Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, former undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk will be trained by Anatoly Lomachenko for his upcoming showdown with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Mike_b likes this.

Last time Usyk was trained by Papa Loma was Gassiev - a shutout. Usyk has great chin, movement and ring iq. With the right game plan he beats Joshua... and the odds are gunna be hard to avoid a bet on Usyk
    Last edited by jkrames; 06-30-2021, 07:35 AM.
    The Viper, mike1010011 and 3 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrames View Post
      Last time Usyk was trained by Papa Loma was Gassiev - a shutout. Usyk has great chin, movement and boxing skills. With the right game plan he beats Joshua
      That was such a beautiful performance. Usyk put on a fitting performance for a historic fight.

Comment

Like Joshua would struggle with Pulev, Bob?
        Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

AJ's reign is coming to an end

Comment

This is good news.
            Because Usyk has no real trainer at the
            moment. for 2-3 years now he is on auto pilot.

so Its a really good thing he is being trained by Loma's father. he had a good trainer before the cruiser weight grand prix.Ali Bashir, in my opinion he was much better then. Bashir had other
            fighters he trained and lived in US did not have much time, so they eventually parted ways. Usyk deaperatly needs a trainer PERIOD. AJ still i think is too much for Usyk, but will be rooting for him.
            Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 06-30-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
              This is good news.
              Because Usyk has no real trainer at the
              moment. for 2-3 years now he is on auto pilot.

so Its a really good thing he is being trained by Loma's father. he had a good trainer before the cruiser weight grand prix.Ali Bashir, in my opinion he was much better then. Bashir had other
              fighters he trained and lived in US did not have much time, so they eventually parted ways. Usyk deaperatly needs a trainer PERIOD. AJ still i think is too much for Usyk, but will be rooting for him.
              Papachenko stated that he would train/co-train Usyk for big fights. But if you beat AJ next few fights will be nig fights.

Would love to see Usyk with ABel Sanchez, Eddy Reynoso, Garcia - that would be sick

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Papachenko stated that he would train/co-train Usyk for big fights. But if you beat AJ next few fights will be nig fights.

Would love to see Usyk with ABel Sanchez, Eddy Reynoso, Garcia - that would be sick
                If he gets the belts he better get a permanent trainer.

Comment

oh no, he will have him walking on his hands, there goes another labrum, what a cruel father

Comment

I don't think much of Usyk at heavy. And I don't see where he's much faster than Joshua at all. Joshua has no problem landing shots on smaller foes. He has adequate hand speed, good timing, and very good power. I think a lot of ppl are stuck on what happened to him against Ruiz. But he has a strong work ethic and is always improving. By the time he's standing across from Usyk, he'll be a different fighter, much improved from last fight

Comment

Working...
                    X