Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell-Mario Cazares Fox Main Event Averaged 1,334,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Not putting on boxing cards on Sunday makes NO sense at all. I get it that it is not always easy getting Sunday slots, but people are largely home on this day and obviously the NFL games mainly take place on this day and do great ratings.

If you put more cards on Sunday's, you will continue seeing solid numbers.
    I also think boxing needs to do way more Friday night cards in the Fall to avoid going up against football

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

I also think boxing needs to do way more Friday night cards in the Fall to avoid going up against football
      Yeah, and to be fair you do see DAZN trying to put on more Friday cards but I think we definitely need more of that. You have three networks putting on fights on a Saturday with college football and in result you get crappy ratings. Like what the hell did you expect?

When football season is not taking place, boxing needs to start putting cards on Sunday's.

Comment

Yeah, and to be fair you do see DAZN trying to put on more Friday cards but I think we definitely need more of that. You have three networks putting on fights on a Saturday with college football and in result you get crappy ratings. Like what the hell did you expect?

When football season is not taking place, boxing needs to start putting cards on Sunday's.
        100% agree all around. I like the idea of taking that Sunday slot in the offseason where folks are used to watching the NFL, think Thursday nights could be similarly successful using that same model.

Comment

Boxing is hot rite now and is trending upwards. Everyone wants to box now and I’m seeing people on social media saying boxing is their new favorite sport. Now once these promoters start working together it’ll be even better.

Comment

100% agree all around. I like the idea of taking that Sunday slot in the offseason where folks are used to watching the NFL, think Thursday nights could be similarly successful using that same model.
            Sunday has always been the most watched television day and it will always be that way. Why boxing has not tried taking advantage baffles my mind. Floyd was on to something when asked why he is fighting Paul on a Sunday and he mentioned how NFL games take place on Sunday, the NBA All Star game, all the award shows etc. And that is true.

Ring City had something going with those Thursday cards. Haven't had one in a while but I hope they start to pick it up soon.

Comment

Really good numbers! Especially considering nobody knows anyone on that card. Sunday ratings are good. At least for fox. Who knows how they would do on espn,sho or dazn

Comment

Sunday has always been the most watched television day and it will always be that way. Why boxing has not tried taking advantage baffles my mind. Floyd was on to something when asked why he is fighting Paul on a Sunday and he mentioned how NFL games take place on Sunday, the NBA All Star game, all the award shows etc. And that is true.

Ring City had something going with those Thursday cards. Haven't had one in a while but I hope they start to pick it up soon.
                Yes, Ring City was great, hope they return soon. It makes natural sense to try to fill in where the NFL leaves off. Americans get accustomed to sitting down and watching sports and certain times of certain days, but half the year those slots are relatively empty. Boxing would be wise to try and slide into those spaces and train these fans that boxing will be on regularly at those times in football's offseason. Boxing absolutely struggles because casual fans never know where or when to find it unless there is large, mainstream promotion. You always know when football will be televised and which stations will have it. Boxing, baseball, hockey etc are basically every day during their seasons, so it's no question of dates. Somebody really needs to get with a broadcaster and do weekly or bi-weekly shows on the same channel at the same time consistently. Make it a regular occurrence where people know where and when to go to find fights. Like, if your FOX, even if you're getting the B and C fights from PBC. If you put on bi-weekly cards from March-August, on 5 PM Sunday every time, people will tune in and make it part of their regular weekend routine.
                KTFOKING KTFOKING likes this.

Comment

Yes, Ring City was great, hope they return soon. It makes natural sense to try to fill in where the NFL leaves off. Americans get accustomed to sitting down and watching sports and certain times of certain days, but half the year those slots are relatively empty. Boxing would be wise to try and slide into those spaces and train these fans that boxing will be on regularly at those times in football's offseason. Boxing absolutely struggles because casual fans never know where or when to find it unless there is large, mainstream promotion. You always know when football will be televised and which stations will have it. Boxing, baseball, hockey etc are basically every day during their seasons, so it's no question of dates. Somebody really needs to get with a broadcaster and do weekly or bi-weekly shows on the same channel at the same time consistently. Make it a regular occurrence where people know where and when to go to find fights. Like, if your FOX, even if you're getting the B and C fights from PBC. If you put on bi-weekly cards from March-August, on 5 PM Sunday every time, people will tune in and make it part of their regular weekend routine.
                  That's another thing, there is no consistency. If people knew there will be two cards a month on one network, they would be able to know when to tune in. A lot of times they are tuning in by accident...Obviously I am not talking about when Lomachenko, Crawford, Tank etc fight but the other lesser known fighters.

The Sunday FOX card wasn't one I watched live but I'm glad I ended up getting to it as it was really good. And if they would then promote their next card in a few weeks, those who watched the card would look forward to the next one.

LIS, DAZN puts on Friday cards more than anyone else and I love that they do that. Now it is time to get some consistent Sunday cards!
                  BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

It seems to me that boxing is making a comeback. I mean arenas are filling back up again at maximum capacity and televisions ratings are also on the rise. These are some very good and encouraging signs of the times for the rest of the 2021 boxing calendar year. What a beautiful time to be a boxing fan at this moment?
                    Last edited by champion4ever; 06-29-2021, 05:21 PM.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
                      Now once these promoters start working together it’ll be even better.
                      Lol. “We’re not here to make other companies successful… in-house.”-Floyd
                      Amir Imam Amir Imam likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X