Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gervonta Davis, Mario Barrios - Ready For War in Atlanta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Gervonta Davis, Mario Barrios - Ready For War in Atlanta

Gervonta Davis, Mario Barrios Official Weights Photos Gallery - Four-time world champion Gervonta "Tank" Davis and WBA Super Lightweight Champion Mario "El Azteca" Barrios went face-to-face Friday at the official weigh-in before they meet in the SHOWTIME PPV main event this Saturday, June 26 from the award-winning State Farm Arena in Atlanta in a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Amanda Westcott, Sean Michael Ham)
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m critical of Gervonta’s record (and his style) but the size disparity here is at least something. I will give him some cred if he actually beats this guy and isn’t just given a gift decision. I sure wish he’d fight the real elites in his own division and stop chasing secondary softies, though.

Comment

I’m not mad at Davis, he knows he has the goods and has never said know to anyone just continue to show me the money is the moto! If I can become wealthy without big risk that’s what I would do, make it worth my while then the fans can get what they want. Me 1st; sorry weak asssss fans

Comment

is it just me or does tank look soft?
        champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Tank looks a little soft, but he has the style to beat Barrios. this is a solid fight. I think Davis wins and probably by stoppage but Barrios is the first fighter in some time that we can say poses some risk for Tank.

Comment

Barrios should go for body shots.
            KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

That picture is hilarious. Stank really wanna be interim champ

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                I’m not mad at Davis, he knows he has the goods and has never said know to anyone just continue to show me the money is the moto! If I can become wealthy without big risk that’s what I would do, make it worth my while then the fans can get what they want. Me 1st; sorry weak asssss fans
                he said no to loma. he even said no to albert machado and tevin farmer. he said yes to easy fights over and over and you are right i would do the same thing but thats the problem with boxing is it not? you can market guys based on things that have nothing to do with boxing. if you had a marketing team saying lebron james was the best basketball player ever for 4 years straight but then he only played in little league games against little tiny men and refused to play in the nba people would laugh or at least tune it out as not serious. for some reason boxing people take this kind of nonsense seriously, even people in the boxing media.

Comment

Davis has been waiting to show off his new tattoos I'll bet. If Barrios boxes smart in the early rounds, he'll be able to take Davis out in the later rounds. Davis has never had continues jabs in his face a lot. Barrios is a thin, almost frail, boxer. I'm sure Davis has cherry picked him for that. So Barrios should jab like Spence and keep the distance great. Or the odds on fav will win with his powerful punching.. Interesting match up but not a PPV fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

he said no to loma. he even said no to albert machado and tevin farmer. he said yes to easy fights over and over and you are right i would do the same thing but thats the problem with boxing is it not? you can market guys based on things that have nothing to do with boxing. if you had a marketing team saying lebron james was the best basketball player ever for 4 years straight but then he only played in little league games against little tiny men and refused to play in the nba people would laugh or at least tune it out as not serious. for some reason boxing people take this kind of nonsense seriously, even people in the boxing media.
                    All them fighters you saying he said know to is hearsay Floyd makes the decisions and he agrees to whatever his promoter say. Also all them guys have been beat too! This boxing not basketball a Team is a team these individuals and different rules apply. I don’t know about you but I have been around this sport as a fan, fighter amateur and pro and corner man for over 30 years and Tank is very gifted and reminds me of a late friend of mines who De La Hoya fought in his rise to stardom and I help prepare him with sparring but knew that wasn’t the right fight, my point is you want to be great pick and choose your fights don’t allow others to!

Comment

Working...
                    X