Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jesse Hart: Edgar Berlanga Fight Will Probably Never Happen Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jesse Hart: Edgar Berlanga Fight Will Probably Never Happen Now

Jesse Hart (26-3) recently took to social media to announce that he was no longer working with long time promoter Top Rank and was officially a free agent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So that's two fighters within the past month that have left Top Rank.

I don't know who Hart is but kudos to him.

Comment

That would be a tough fight for Berlanga, who won't be a wrecking ball as he steps up in competition.

Hart is a tough, good fighter who gave Ramirez a couple of tough fights, more so the first fight.

Arum promoted some of the greatest fights ever seen, but now in his old age he wants to "marinate" fights, ie. not make the best fights happen now as they should.

Comment

Have just seen Edgar getting dropped by Lubin in sparring. Headgear and big gloves on, is Lubin still at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Have just seen Edgar getting dropped by Lubin in sparring. Headgear and big gloves on, is Lubin still at 154?
          I think that's an old video Lubin is fighting on the Tank/Barrios undercard Saturday and I believe it's at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I think that's an old video Lubin is fighting on the Tank/Barrios undercard Saturday and I believe it's at 154
            Not sure how old the video is, like 4 years old? Lubin must be heavy handed to be able to drop a super middleweight like Edgar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Not sure how old the video is, like 4 years old? Lubin must be heavy handed to be able to drop a super middleweight like Edgar.
              It was in 2017 I believe.

Lubin hit Berlanga with a shot at the side of his head. Think Berlanga could have been a bit off balance after the first shot.

Lubin has nice pop for sure but I don't think this video really shows if Berlanga has a suspect chin or not. Lopez has supposedly been dropped like three or four times in sparring and has yet to really be hurt in actual fights. Robert Garcia knocked Morales out in sparring and yet Morales had a very good chin.

I'm just mad the footage got leaked. That was a sucker move by whoever did that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Lubin hit Berlanga with a shot at the side of his head. Think Berlanga could have been a bit off balance after the first shot.

Lubin has nice pop for sure but I don't think this video really shows if Berlanga has a suspect chin or not. Lopez has supposedly been dropped like three or four times in sparring and has yet to really be hurt in actual fights. Robert Garcia knocked Morales out in sparring and yet Morales had a very good chin.

I'm just mad the footage got leaked. That was a sucker move by whoever did that.
                He wasn't off balanced. he went straight down. the knees buckled. Thankfully they were wearing head gear or that temple shot could've done some serious brain damage

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Nah it’s not a big deal people get dropped all the time in sparring, am more eluding to Lubin’s power since he is a lot smaller.

It’s not like Edgar hasn’t been dropped harder before, and he is still young and learning. Have seen Teo Lopez dropped and hurt like crazy times..
                  KTFOKING likes this.

Comment

I think Hart would have been too much for Berlanga at this stage (maybe at any stage). Hart has his limitations but he stood up to Zurdo, Barrera, and Smith Jr's power shots.

Comment

Working...
                    X