Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Nakatani Is The Perfect Challenge For Me, I Wanted To Face A Top Contender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Nakatani Is The Perfect Challenge For Me, I Wanted To Face A Top Contender

By Jake Donovan - Vasiliy Lomachenko is ready to embark on the road to reclaim his status as among the sport's very best fighters. The former three-division titlist returns to the ring this Saturday in an intriguing showdown versus perennial Top ten lightweight contender Masayoshi Nakatani. Their scheduled twelve-round lightweight bout--which airs live on ESPN+ from The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas--marks Lomachenko's first since losing his WBA/WBO/WBC "Franchise" lightweight titles to Teofimo Lopez last October 17 at nearby MGM Grand Conference Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nakatani is too slow
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

“He is strong, very tall and very long arms,” notes Lomachenko. “He has experience at the top level, as he showed in a (competitive) fight with Lopez and the way he was able to beat Verdejo. This is the perfect challenge for me. I’ve always aimed to face the highest level of competition.”

These are analyses I've just made on another thread. I would give Loma a big credit if he can win this. I'm not sure. Nakatani is a formidable opponent and coming into this fight with supreme confidence.

Good article, Jake, except for the abrupt end. The conclusion could've been longer.

Comment

Cherry pick fight loma fighting b-level guys

Comment

Loma calls Nakatani the highest level of competition. I agree. I rate Nakatani in my top 5 at lightweight. I don't follow belts, website, or magazine rankings.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-23-2021, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
            Cherry pick fight loma fighting b-level guys
            Not at all. To me, Nakatani is more dangerous to Loma, physically, than Haney would be. Haney and Loma would be a borefest. Nakatani would leave some damage, even if he loses. Loma will be marked. Kudos.
            Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

My Top 5 Lightweights in order:

1. Davis
              2. Lomachenko
              3. Lopez
              4. Nakatani
              5. Cruz Gonzalez

By the way, Loma agrees with my number 1.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-23-2021, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Idk Nakatani is a very live underdog in this one. Dude is tough as hell, has sneaky power, unorthodox style with good reach and size & he just doesn’t stop coming. I think stylistically he’s not a good opponent for Loma.

I got Loma winning a UD12 but problem won’t look as good as he would hope to in doing so. Nakatani seems like one of those guys that’s hard to look good against. see Lopez and Verdejo fights
                Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  Idk Nakatani is a very live underdog in this one. Dude is tough as hell, has sneaky power, unorthodox style with good reach and size & he just doesn’t stop coming. I think stylistically he’s not a good opponent for Loma.

I got Loma winning a UD12 but problem won’t look as good as he would hope to in doing so. Nakatani seems like one of those guys that’s hard to look good against. see Lopez and Verdejo fights
                  I was surprised when this fight was signed. Not a good comeback fight. Loma better bring his special effects and move a lot. Watch for elbows and headbutts too.

Comment

Respect to Loma for this one. He chose a tough challenger for a comeback fight

Comment

Working...
                    X