Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean to be a champion in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    There’s 973 titles to win. There’s no uniformity among sanctioning bodies because they don’t rank the same fighters. So we get obscure, unknown fighters in their “top 10” rankings. We get entitled fighters who are ranked as #1 contenders out of nowhere, pushing for fights via lawsuits and emails. We then get paper champions holding titles hostage. The best rankings are by The Ring, which is ignored by sanctioning bodies. Finally, we have boxers who would never be champion in an era of 1 title per weight class, winning a title.

It’s messed up that fans can’t get one true champion per weight class, and fights are not forced because of different networks and promoters.

Without fans, boxers/networks can’t get paid. But we still have these greedy sanctioning bodies ruining boxing every year. A new title over here, a new title over there. You get a title, and you get a title, and you get a title, everybody gets a title.

I am surprised WBC hasn’t created a title for exhibition matches. Why haven’t they stuck their dirty little hands in all of these exhibitions? Or have they and I just missed it? We need exhibition champions too.
    Tyson-Jones exhibition for the WBC BLM belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

You're pretty passionate for Lopez but Haney's just one of so many people we've seen elevated over the years. Not sure what's different about this situation.
      Fun Fact, the first international boxing match saw James Figg elect Robert Whitaker to the role of English Champion. That's about 1728 from memory, def-1720s

Then in like 1820 after a decade of reigning Tom Cribb retired and elected Tom Spring to the role.

Years, centuries; literally always been there.

Comment

Devin Haney is a dead man walking.

There’s no real supervision in boxing, not complete supervision at least. But boxing has a way to weed out the weak. Boxing will catch up to Haney.

Some fans are in denial that Gamboa and Linares were solely put in the ring for Haney to KO them and he can be more easily advertised. Two fighters known by any fan who has been watching boxing for the last 10+ years, as fighters who don’t have the best chins in boxing. Back to back. And he could not drop any of them to save his life. He knows him self so well, that pre-fight when asked about KO’ing Linares, he said he doesn’t have to get the KO. Lol, he knows he couldn’t even he tried. And he did try so hard, he pushed and tackled Linares all over the ring trying to get a phony KD through wrestling because his punches couldn’t do it.
        Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

- -Luv how Linares swished Haney big flapping lips stumbling into his fat clown daddy corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Fun Fact, the first international boxing match saw James Figg elect Robert Whitaker to the role of English Champion. That's about 1728 from memory, def-1720s

Then in like 1820 after a decade of reigning Tom Cribb retired and elected Tom Spring to the role.

Years, centuries; literally always been there.
            I have no issue with people disliking fighters being elevated, I just think it's funny they're up in arms over one in particular. I know some of the guys I've seen who complained about it were Golovkin and Bivol fans too so I gotta laugh. Lomachenko, the WBC and Top Rank should get the blame for the franchise stuff but they're mad at Haney instead.
            Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Tank has no bearing in this discussion so I don't know why you brought him up.

You can't prove your stripes if the champ drops the belt when you're the mando.

If I had an agenda, which I don't, if Loma doesn't drop the belt and Bob doesn't make the emeritus thing with the WBC then there would be nothing for me to discuss. I am discussing Loma's actions. Since you can't refute my post, you have to make it race driven. Fine. Race card is all you have because if it were any other fighter doing this you'd be killing them, and rightfully so.

Loma has no belt. Why should Haney fight him instead of trying to fight the money fight in Teo? You are literally criticizing Haney for doing the exact same thing Loma did. Haney should treat Loma the way Loma treated him. It isn't Haney's fault Loma failed to secure a rematch clause or dropped the belt rather than fight him.

I never claimed Haney was a killer. I posted-and stand by -the fact styles make fights. Haney's attributes would make a fight at 135 difficult IMO. As I posted, if they fight and Loma beats him, I will say I was wrong. Also as I posted you and others told me Loma was going to dust off Teo. What happened? Sorry but I am not giving Loma a win until he proves it in the ring. Until that time I will judge his actions.

All we can go on is a man's actions. When the mando was the easy Crolla, Loma made the defense. when the mando was Haney, he dropped the belt, worked with his promoter to be named franchise champ, sat out for a year, and then fought Teo. If Haney had done the exact same thing you'd be criticizing him regardless of his resume.

Whatever Haney does from here on out, the fact is Loma dropped the belt rather than fight him. You are justifying the move. You are defending Loma for doing the same thing you criticized Canelo for doing to GGG. care to explain why?
              Guys like you act like you're so brilliant and that people can't see straight through your bull****. Why did I bring up Tank? Oh, he's one of your great black hope's isn't he?

Thats the ****ing stupid game people like you play. Devin Haney is no ****ing different. People like you have been working so hard hard find then instead of just ****ing enjoying boxing.

Loma doesn't have his stripes?

Dude was unified at 126 and 130lbs being a multiple multiple class world champion and has what, 13 world champion ship bouts under his belt?

Compare that to Devin Haney. Who's Devin Haney?

Who did Devin Haney win his belt from against? Tell me WHOOOOO. LMFAO.

You actually think you have a ****ing argument which is ****ing hilarious! And oh? You think that Devin Haney is gonna sign up to fight Teofimo Lopez? PLEASE DO! I'd love to see that fight Unlike you who only loves to talk about it.

And if he doesn't get get fight OH NO, HE SHOULD JUST NOT FIGHT LOMA BECAUSE LOMA HURT HIS FEELINGS. Laugh my ****ing ass off ducking the top two guys at 135

Also, maybe you should take a look into your revisionist history of the WBC Franchise title. Lomachenko was under the impression that the WBC franchise title was a non title but instead a label. He did not know he would be stripped. Even NOW THERE is confusion and the WBC has NOT clarified it.

I thought franchise champion was a title you couldn't lose very? But now it is? You don't even ****ing know yourself but oh, you think your bias doesn't show Big Dunn?

AND yet you BRAG so much about how Devin Haney emailed for his championship instead of fought for it. OH YEAH, that is someone you should be afraid of. Some who wouldn't even fight for it, but emailed for it instead.

That's SO laughable lmao. And dude. Don't even compare this to Canelo vs GGG. By using that as a comparison you clearly show you have no idea what you're talking about because the comparison isn't even close.

SO YOURE TELLING ME DEVIN HANEY IS CANELO RIGHT?

LMFAO. There is no comparison between the two. And dude, QUIT WITH THE, IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND excuses.

If it was the other way around Devin Haney would be fighting the guys he should instead of not fighting them and calling everyone a duck instead.

If it was the other way around Devin Haney would be working to get the fights he wants instead of fighting no one. Lomachenko won 3 world titles at 135 and promoters didn't stop him. And honestly, it's quite amusing how you pretend he "ducked" Devin Haney when dude already had his schedule lined up.

It's pretty ****ing disgusting too how you celebrate the fact that if Devin Haney was offered to fight Lomachenko that he should turn it down because Loma hurt his feelings.

You're not a boxing fan Big Dunn. You dont want the best fights. You just wanna pretend that your next black boogeyman is the best because you miss those Floyd days where you could ride on his coattails and pretend you were the best.

Comment

it means u have reached the required standard to win one of the 4 'big' belts

its a good achievement in the sport, even in this era of so many belts which is very bad for boxing matchups fans want to see, a new system should be developed where its clear who the division champ is and if u want him u have to go get him in a clear and straight forward way, if u are willing and good enough that is

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post

Guys like you act like you're so brilliant and that people can't see straight through your bull****. Why did I bring up Tank? Oh, he's one of your great black hope's isn't he?

Thats the ****ing stupid game people like you play. Devin Haney is no ****ing different. People like you have been working so hard hard find then instead of just ****ing enjoying boxing.

Loma doesn't have his stripes?

Dude was unified at 126 and 130lbs being a multiple multiple class world champion and has what, 13 world champion ship bouts under his belt?

Compare that to Devin Haney. Who's Devin Haney?

Who did Devin Haney win his belt from against? Tell me WHOOOOO. LMFAO.

You actually think you have a ****ing argument which is ****ing hilarious! And oh? You think that Devin Haney is gonna sign up to fight Teofimo Lopez? PLEASE DO! I'd love to see that fight Unlike you who only loves to talk about it.

And if he doesn't get get fight OH NO, HE SHOULD JUST NOT FIGHT LOMA BECAUSE LOMA HURT HIS FEELINGS. Laugh my ****ing ass off ducking the top two guys at 135

Also, maybe you should take a look into your revisionist history of the WBC Franchise title. Lomachenko was under the impression that the WBC franchise title was a non title but instead a label. He did not know he would be stripped. Even NOW THERE is confusion and the WBC has NOT clarified it.

I thought franchise champion was a title you couldn't lose very? But now it is? You don't even ****ing know yourself but oh, you think your bias doesn't show Big Dunn?

AND yet you BRAG so much about how Devin Haney emailed for his championship instead of fought for it. OH YEAH, that is someone you should be afraid of. Some who wouldn't even fight for it, but emailed for it instead.

That's SO laughable lmao. And dude. Don't even compare this to Canelo vs GGG. By using that as a comparison you clearly show you have no idea what you're talking about because the comparison isn't even close.

SO YOURE TELLING ME DEVIN HANEY IS CANELO RIGHT?

LMFAO. There is no comparison between the two. And dude, QUIT WITH THE, IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND excuses.

If it was the other way around Devin Haney would be fighting the guys he should instead of not fighting them and calling everyone a duck instead.

If it was the other way around Devin Haney would be working to get the fights he wants instead of fighting no one. Lomachenko won 3 world titles at 135 and promoters didn't stop him. And honestly, it's quite amusing how you pretend he "ducked" Devin Haney when dude already had his schedule lined up.

It's pretty ****ing disgusting too how you celebrate the fact that if Devin Haney was offered to fight Lomachenko that he should turn it down because Loma hurt his feelings.

You're not a boxing fan Big Dunn. You dont want the best fights. You just wanna pretend that your next black boogeyman is the best because you miss those Floyd days where you could ride on his coattails and pretend you were the best.
                  All this because Loma dropped the belt rather than fight Haney. You keep bringing up race rather than call Loma out for his actions.

Ive been a boxing fan for close to 40 years. Never have I claimed Haney was the best or a boogeyman. I never bragged about any title he owned.

But it’s obvious what your deal is. When canelo did this to ggg, you had an issue. When Loma did it to Haney you have no issue.

Yes, Haney should treat Loma the same way Loma treated him. Not because Loma was mean to him, but because Loma has no title and isn’t the most lucrative fight- the same reasons you cited for Loma not fighting him.

Loma’s actions shouldn’t be rewarded. Haney should get the Teo fight next after Kambosis, assuming he wins. Loma, if he beats Nakatani can wait until after Haney makes an optional defense.

But all your garbage tells us what the real deal here is - your white hope in Loma gave away his belt like a coward, lost to Teo, was too stupid to have a rematch clause, and now has to work his way back and you want him to jump to the front of the line. Nope.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-21-2021, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

All this because Loma dropped the belt rather than fight Haney. You keep bringing up race rather than call Loma out for his actions.

Ive been a boxing fan for close to 40 years. Never have I claimed Haney was the best or a boogeyman. I never bragged about any title he owned.

But it’s obvious what your deal is. When canelo did this to ggg, you had an issue. When Loma did it to Haney you have no issue.

Yes, Haney should treat Loma the same way Loma treated him. Not because Loma was mean to him, but because Loma has no title and isn’t the most lucrative fight- the same reasons you cited for Loma not fighting him.

Loma’s actions shouldn’t be rewarded. Haney should get the Teo fight next after Kambosis, assuming he wins. Loma, if he beats Nakatani can wait until after Haney makes an optional defense.

But all your garbage tells us what the real deal here is - your white hope in Loma gave away his belt like a coward, lost to Teo, was too stupid to have a rematch clause, and now has to work his way back and you want him to jump to the front of the line. Nope.
                    WHITE HOPE

Yeahhhhh buddy. An ASIAN GUY needs a WHITE HOPE to feel good about myself lmfaoooooooooooo

Sorry old man. Kids these days aren't as pathetic as people like you.

Pathetic trash like you created verbiage like that just so you could feel better about yourself and still don't understand how you make all of your own people look like ****ing garbage when words like that come out of your mouth.

why don't you let your racist ass side out like you have in the past and tell me that I should go serve my white Masters? You've done it plenty no harm in doing it again right?

Oh I'm black people are so mean to meeeeeeee.

You wanna know who the biggest perp of crime on Asian people is? BLACKS

So when it comes to racism shut your ****ing mouth. Oh, you're so smart with your segregated hood schooling that you think 2021 is the same as ****ing 1960.

Oh, Lomachenko isn't even the biggest fight but he's willing to fight Haney and the only fight bigger would be against Teofimo Lopez.

Omg. I must be a black hater and racist because those two guys aren't black!

I must love then white and Latinos SOOOOO MUCH MORE THEN THEM BLACKS RIGHT?

how does it feel big Dunn to live such a miserable pathetic existence? HONEST QUESTION

You must them Floyd days where you could feel SOOOO good about being black because Floyd is black and he was the best, therefore you were the best?

What a ****ing loser you are lmfao.

Comment

Most of the time it just means you were able to beat a journeyman for a vacant belt now a days.

You really aren't legit legit unless you have unified in my book.

Comment

Working...
                      X