Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We Have To Lobby Commissions To Allow Women To Fight Three-Minute Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The commission doesn't really want Women's boxing, they sure as hell don't want Women getting really beaten up on prime time, 3 minute rounds add another 33% to the beating a Women will take, they wouldn't come out and say that but I bet deep down that's whats there.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
      The commission doesn't really want Women's boxing, they sure as hell don't want Women getting really beaten up on prime time, 3 minute rounds add another 33% to the beating a Women will take, they wouldn't come out and say that but I bet deep down that's whats there.
      But they're women with gloves
      Without gloves they struggle to hurt each other
      Best case scenario, 3 minutes puts an end to this crap
      Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

I simply don't like women boxing , yes there's the odd one or two with decent talent but most have not and the fact they fight shorter rounds doesn't help their case but as in tennis where the women only play three sets as opposed to five sets the men play I'm sure stupidity will take over and they will be asking for (and getting as in tennis) equal pay for less effort !

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

Look at the PPV numbers for women’s boxing.
          You are of the select few who intentionally tunes in to watch a women’s boxing match.

So when you come in hot and heavy acting like “how dare you suggest no one watches it, you’re just trying to act cool”
          I would stop and just look at those numbers.

The fact is, next to no one cares for women’s boxing.
          So good on you for supporting it, and best of luck if that’s what you’re into.

but you came in waaaaay to gun ho to protect a sport that’s just not popular for obvious reasons
          Well I don’t care what everyone else watches. Hardly anyone watches the best division in boxing (115). I guarantee you the people that get excited over these mayweather and Paul bs exhibitions never heard of Estrada. Am I supposed to not watch it because some casuals avoid it? I don’t hang with the crowd and follow. And that goes for music too. I’ll die before you catch me listening to some trap music or K pop due to its popularity
          _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

I get the point on women's boxing but if Claressa Shields want's male money, she has to go 3 minute rounds.

Ain't gonna happen any time soon. The market isn't there! What else ca I say?

Comment

All of you who say nobody watches women boxing speak for yourselves I think 3 minutes is good with equal pay and as for people saying they are gonna get hurt well if u can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen
              Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

How bout promoters lobby ABC groups to come up with less weight divisions & less titles since we lobbying for sh^t.
                _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Yeah it is needed, I think 2 Minutes is taking away from Women Boxing and it prevents more KO's IMO
                  Idk how much 3min rounds will help create KO's in womens boxing, but yea it should be the standard.

Comment

There's the odd woman's boxing match that passes the test but very rare. Whether it's 2-3 minutes wouldn't make a difference to me. It's the talent level that just isn't there. MMA is different for a few reasons. Alot of parents have their daughters in some type of Martial Art at a young age. Whether it be Karate , Judo, Wrestling or whatever. So by the time they become " women " , they have a skill in the fight game. Which makes the talent pool huge in MMA , worldwide. They don't say" ok Brittany, were going to the dingy Boxing gym full of men, at 8 yrs old, so you can learn how to fight' . It's normal for girls to start in a Martial Art. Anyhow, the UFC women have had many decent fighters and what makes it even better is alot of them are/were pretty hot. Then you see them kicking and punching the s h i t out of each other and it becomes quite entertaining. Then we see them engaged in a 6 T 9 for a few minutes and we like it even more. Miesha Tate, Page Van Zant, Michelle Waterson , Gina Carano, Alexa Grasso etc. are pretty easy on the eyes. Of course every guy has their own visual tastes but I think MMA women dress and come off as more sexy. They catch our attention certainly alot more than a woman that has baggy shorts down to her knees and looks 1/2 male as most decent woman boxers do. There's no " sex appeal " in woman's boxing. Just looks at Shields. After watching her for a few rounds I literally have nightmares thinking about her face. Nevermind her ghetto rank mouth and the s h i t she spews out of it. Which makes her even more ugly. Anyhow, in my mind it's got alot to do with sex appeal . Put some hot chicks in a boxing ring that can fight half decent, and we'll watch. Put women in there that look like men and can't fight worth a crap , we won't. That's just the way it works. The " fight game" audience is predominantly male. That's just the way it is . And always will be.
                    Last edited by breeto80; 06-18-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post
                      All of you who say nobody watches women boxing speak for yourselves I think 3 minutes is good with equal pay and as for people saying they are gonna get hurt well if u can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen
                      Equal pay ?
                      You get paid what you generate.
                      In order for women to compete in the sports world, that sport has to be watered down.

Just because a person knows how to boil water doesn't mean they can cook.

Comment

Working...
                      X