Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Nakathila Fight Averaged 857,000 Viewers On ESPN; Peaked At 927,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Nakathila Fight Averaged 857,000 Viewers On ESPN; Peaked At 927,000

Shakur Stevenson's uneventful victory over Jeremiah Nakathila prompted Stevenson to apologize for what he considers a subpar performance. Viewership still went up as their monotonous match continued Saturday night. According to a Nielsen Media Research report released Tuesday, ESPN's telecast of Stevenson's 12-round points win drew an average audience of 857,000 and a peak audience of 927,000 toward the end of it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nice numbers for the type of fight was without a strong lead-in.

Stevenson has to make the next appearance count though. Can't have too many of these types of performances against overmatched opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Nice numbers for the type of fight was without a strong lead-in.

Stevenson has to make the next appearance count though. Can't have too many of these types of performances against overmatched opponents.
      He'll have plenty of those, TR often moves guys at the pace of a snail.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

He'll have plenty of those, TR often moves guys at the pace of a snail.
        I mean he's getting a lot more main event showcases than most fighters his age. He's already been a champion and now will likely fight for his second title vs Herring. Regardless of the opponents he faces, he needs to have better performances than the one he had last Saturday night.

Comment

I wonder when those numbers peaked and what the numbers were in say the main event ring walk and round 1 compared to say round 7 when people probably started turning their TVs off...

Comment

No surprise here, it was just so much going on Saturday that I missed rounds live, I did not tune in Live until like the Round 7

NBA Playoffs, UFC Card, Youtube vs TikTok Event so yeah Boxing will always take a Backseat sadly but Decent Numbers I guess FOR BOXING

Comment

Good numbers, but it’s a damn shame all those people tuned in to possibly the worst main event of the year on ESPN, FOX, and Showtime. They are going to have to be careful with matchmaking with him in the future. He’s going to have to fight people who are going to come after him and force him to fight because that fight was horribly boring

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                I wonder when those numbers peaked and what the numbers were in say the main event ring walk and round 1 compared to say round 7 when people probably started turning their TVs off...
                Viewership still went up as their monotonous match continued Saturday night. According to a Nielsen Media Research report released Tuesday, ESPN’s telecast of Stevenson’s 12-round points win drew an average audience of 857,000 and a peak audience of 927,000 toward the end of it.
                Peak audience was towards the end of the fight and the average was higher than the prior fight so a good amount of people stayed to watch until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Peak audience was towards the end of the fight and the average was higher than the prior fight so a good amount of people stayed to watch until the end.
                  Lol guess it would help if my dumbass actually read the article. Thanks

I mean I didn't even need to click the link all the info is in the post article preview

Comment

Those people probably wont be tuning in again. Good numbers though for pretty much no promotion.

Comment

Working...
                    X