Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devin Haney Now a Free Agent, What Should He Do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Devin Haney Now a Free Agent, What Should He Do?



    Now that Haney is a free agent, should he re-up with Matchroom or sign with TR and get the Lopez fight? If he goes to TR, he would also have a better chance of getting the Lomachenko fight and even Ramirez/Taylor if he plans to move to 140 soon.

    But Matchroom pays him great and I believe he was making 3M or close to it against Linares.

    What would you do if you were Haney?

  • #2
    I would be hesitant to sign with TR as any fighter, probably the shadiest of all the big promotions and most likely to **** you, but they also have the best guys for him to fight. I'd imagine Matchroom re-ups with him though and keeps paying him a ton

    Comment


    • #3
      Who else is gonna pay him all that money? Especially considering hes boring af and no star power. He also stated he's not interested in lomachenko. Which is hilarious considering his "I'll never lose to a white boy" comment and yet hes ducking the only white guy in the division.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
        Who else is gonna pay him all that money? Especially considering hes boring af and no star power. He also stated he's not interested in lomachenko. Which is hilarious considering his "I'll never lose to a white boy" comment and yet hes ducking the only white guy in the division.
        Smart thinking on his part, he can't be proven wrong if he doesn't fight one...

        I can't see anyone else wanting to pay him what he was getting from Matchroom. He's skilful, but the Linares fight suggests there's little to no power in his shots and that will make him a difficult sell unless he manages to get some kind of angle.
        Last edited by Holler; 06-15-2021, 11:57 AM.
        PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Doesn’t really matter. Go to the best deal. The only ones that will lock him away in an island is PBC.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
            Who else is gonna pay him all that money? Especially considering hes boring af and no star power. He also stated he's not interested in lomachenko. Which is hilarious considering his "I'll never lose to a white boy" comment and yet hes ducking the only white guy in the division.
            You mean the guy that dropped the belt rather than fight Haney? How exactly is Haney ducking him?
            champion4ever likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              I would be hesitant to sign with TR as any fighter, probably the shadiest of all the big promotions and most likely to **** you, but they also have the best guys for him to fight. I'd imagine Matchroom re-ups with him though and keeps paying him a ton
              But how will he get the Lopez fight then if he isn't with TR? When Haney's father asked Arum about Lomachenko, Arum told him he signed with the wrong promoter.

              Matchroom will certainly pay him the best but TR has the types of opponents that Haney is probably looking for.

              Can't go wrong either way I guess. Just depends on what he is looking for.
              champion4ever likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

                You mean the guy that dropped the belt rather than fight Haney? How exactly is Haney ducking him?
                How did he drop the belt if franchise is more elevated than wbc? Like saying the wba regular means more than wba super title not to mention he faced a tougher opponent in Lopez.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

                  But how will he get the Lopez fight then if he isn't with TR? When Haney's father asked Arum about Lomachenko, Arum told him he signed with the wrong promoter.

                  Matchroom will certainly pay him the best but TR has the types of opponents that Haney is probably looking for.

                  Can't go wrong either way I guess. Just depends on what he is looking for.
                  Lopez seems to want that fight, so I'd imagine they could get it done if they want. With that being said, Lopez isn't long for 135 and the belts will probably fracture soon, leaving Haney as the only "established" champ at the weight. Think he'll have plenty of options in the future, regardless of which way he goes.
                  GreatMalenko likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

                    Lopez seems to want that fight, so I'd imagine they could get it done if they want. With that being said, Lopez isn't long for 135 and the belts will probably fracture soon, leaving Haney as the only "established" champ at the weight. Think he'll have plenty of options in the future, regardless of which way he goes.
                    I don't think it is that easy to match guys like this from different promoters. And with TR now making that deal with Sky and DAZN being in the UK as well? Yeah, good luck making that fight.

                    Can Haney possibly just sign a one off deal with TR to get that fight and then go back to Matchroom?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP