Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: I've Been Envisioning Becoming Undisputed Champ Since I Was A Kid, All I Thought About

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: I've Been Envisioning Becoming Undisputed Champ Since I Was A Kid, All I Thought About

A childhood dream is well within reach for Caleb Plant. Negotiations are due to begin for a potential superfight with pound-for-pound king and unified WBA/WBC/WBO super middleweight titlist Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Plant holds the IBF super middleweight title, with the winner of such a fight becoming the division's first-ever undisputed champion in the three- or four-belt era.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would be really upset if they don't allow this guy to take the Canelo fight.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this fight. I think Plant has a chance. All he has to do is have the fight of his life. It's not unthinkable.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        I'm looking forward to this fight. I think Plant has a chance. All he has to do is have the fight of his life. It's not unthinkable.
        He’s got to use not only his style as his strength but also his natural edge in size, strength, and athleticism. He is taller and naturally bigger than Canelo, others who have had this advantage have had no idea how to use it. If plant uses his long jab he really makes it easier for him. Plant’s speed, foot movement, and feints should serve him well. All he has to do is do what Lara did, what Trout did, even what jacobs and Kovalev (for much of the fight) did. This is a winnable fight for plant and I hope this lad wins

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I would be really upset if they don't allow this guy to take the Canelo fight.
          When everyone was saying the fight wouldn't happen, his wife quietly uploaded brand new custom gumshields from MouthPieceGuy with the word UNDISPUTED across it. So my guess is if the fight falls through, it's no fault of Canelo or Plant, but middlemen.

Comment

Hold on tight to those dreams Caleb. The cash cow is coming to beat that ass and crush your hopes and dreams.
            You can still dream about that fat check you’re about to cash.
            alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Plant's a good fighter, but he just does not throw with enough mean intention to hurt someone as tough as Canelo. If he can’t hurt Canelo HE’s going to get hurt. He’s slick though so I’m picking Canelo by wide, punishing UD. Something like A Chavez-Camacho type beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

He’s got to use not only his style as his strength but also his natural edge in size, strength, and athleticism. He is taller and naturally bigger than Canelo, others who have had this advantage have had no idea how to use it. If plant uses his long jab he really makes it easier for him. Plant’s speed, foot movement, and feints should serve him well. All he has to do is do what Lara did, what Trout did, even what jacobs and Kovalev (for much of the fight) did. This is a winnable fight for plant and I hope this lad wins
                I do too I'm a Plant fan and like his style really. His hands dont serve him too well because their brittle but he has everything he needs to win this fight.
                Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Canelo's the one who's gonna live that dream

This guy's just a lesser version of Saunders

Last edited by lopetego; 06-14-2021, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    Canelo's the one who's gonna live that dream

This guy's just a lesser version of Saunders

How so? Both are slick, but Saunders is more of an "awkwardness" while Plant has faster hands, and a better jab. Will also depend on the shape that Plant is in, because Saunders has never not gassed out. Plus, as much as I hate using the term, Saunders was more of a "blown up middleweight" while Plant has more size to keep Canelo at a distance.
                    Zodogg Zodogg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X