Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: To Be Honest, I Didn't Really Like My Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: To Be Honest, I Didn't Really Like My Performance

Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas - For the WBO's interim-super featherweight title, Shakur Stevenson (16-0, 8 KOs) dominated Jeremiah Nakathila (21-2, 17 KOs) over twelve rounds to secure a lopsided unanimous decision. The scores were 120-107 across the board.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tim Bradley said he had trouble staying awake during this fight.

It's never a good sign when the house announcer is saying something like that about the house fighter.

Comment

To be honest, I didn't like your performance either! SMH!
      eco1 eco1 wrecksracer wrecksracer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Tim Bradley said he had trouble staying awake during this fight.

It's never a good sign when the house announcer is saying something like that about the house fighter.
        LOl! I was laughing when Bradley said that. The honesty is refreshing. I have followed Stevenson from early on and wen't out of my way to attend a few of his fights but he has to step up the action and the competition.
        eco1 eco1 mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Talk about a snooze fest haney shakur the boring boxers

Comment

Just woke up and watched this fight back after skipping it for the better quality UFC card last night. And, yuck…that **** was hard to get through. The matchmaking for Stevenson has been horrible (nothing new with African American fighters on TR), and if they don’t get him in the ring with Herring or Valdez soon they run the risk of killing all the hype the former Olympian has garnered to this point. I wouldn’t mind seeing Farmer or Colbert as well, but if TR can’t even get the champs they have on contracts to fight Shakur. I have to little to no hope they can convince those high priced contenders to challenge him for an interim belt. I acknowledge and am impressed by the talent Stevenson possesses, but they have yet to book him in a must see matchup. Its getting to that Andrade stage where I’ll just refuse to watch his future fights if he doesn’t challenge himself with quality opposition

Comment

I’m all about the sweet science but there is no excuse for not getting this guy out of there. The dude was awful. If he can’t knock that guy out you have to wonder if he will ever get another ko. I see him having a record like 33-0 with 8kos.
              mgame mgame Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

What a boring as.s fighter. When u fighting a limited fighter whos best asset is a telegraphed right hand you can see a mile away, you need to step on the gas and get him out of there if you are elite as claimed. That a waste of precious TV time.

Comment

That fight and fights like that HURT BOXING. That was a low contact sparring session. This is what I mean when I say too many boxers these days fight not to lose rather than fight to win. He stunk the joint out last night and I fell asleep for a couple of rounds. I really have no interest in seeing him fight again. I love the sweet science and love high ring IQ but there is no excuse to his throwing one punch at a time and low punch output. He could have had that guy out in less than 6 rounds had he exerted himself. Very disappointing fight to say the least. Anyone who kept watching after the ufc went off basically went away thinking “boxing is boring.”

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    That fight and fights like that HURT BOXING. That was a low contact sparring session. This is what I mean when I say too many boxers these days fight not to lose rather than fight to win. He stunk the joint out last night and I fell asleep for a couple of rounds. I really have no interest in seeing him fight again. I love the sweet science and love high ring IQ but there is no excuse to his throwing one punch at a time and low punch output. He could have had that guy out in less than 6 rounds had he exerted himself. Very disappointing fight to say the least. Anyone who kept watching after the ufc went off basically went away thinking “boxing is boring.”
                    I agree with everything you said, so TR need to get someone like Narvarratte and or Valdez in the ring with him who going to have high volume of punching still wasn't as boring as Easter vs Baththney or Lara vs Gausha
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X