Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If There Was a Winner, It Was Logan Paul - It Was Bad For Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    "That drove numbers, that drove interest, so the boxing people now need to stand up and say, 'Let's make great fights, because if we don't keep the boxing product strong, you'll see more of that coming through'." - Eddie Hearn

That being said, I guess Floyd is still winning, even if he's losing! He wasn't fighting for glory, he was fighting for the money! One million views domestically! That's crazy! Can't wait to see those Triller numbers for Lopez vs. Kambosos! Will it top one million? What about Tank vs. Barrios? Will that top one million?
    You read that quote from Hearn and it makes me want to ask- when you gonna make ggg v Andrade unification?

Yet he made ggg sulecki and canelo yildrim.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You read that quote from Hearn and it makes me want to ask- when you gonna make ggg v Andrade unification?

Seriously! He's calling out Charlo (for Andrade) more than GGG, and he promotes GGG! WTF???

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Seriously! He's calling out Charlo (for Andrade) more than GGG, and he promotes GGG! WTF???
        Exactly. These dudes want to keep their top guys winning as long as they can up until a big $$$$ fight comes along. Then they point the finger at the other guy and play the media.

Comment

Originally posted by samy787 View Post
          People are really starting to lose there mind. Eddy heard talks alot of bull. I used to like him . I dont know what people saw I watched the whole thing twice floyd bullied him around the ring . He he held back on putting combinations together. He carried him for fun. The reason floyd doesn't compete is which he says he cant train everyday his body is in pain he said for this he trained 1 day and rested a few . For to be honest I expected floyd too look really old before but he looked sharp and if his body didn't have the pain and was able to do a full camp he would still have the skills to dominate anyone out there. He trained like an animal none stop and his body has wear and tear . He is worn out but skill wise he is still the best
          That’s not what he was saying. In the eyes of today’s internet social media crowd Paul won. Why? Because he lasted 8 full rounds with supposedly this eras GOAT and he looked like complete dog s h I t. A complete non boxer lasted 8 rounds with one of the greatest professionals ever. Your die hard boxing fans knew what we saw however the overwhelming majority who paid and watched this spectacle of a s h I t show was the deciding voices on who came out on top because they did so with their wallets. It signifies the end of boxing because fighters along with their side car promoters do not make the marquee match ups. Casuals of a different time in the 80s and 90s knew every boxer on television because all fought each other repeatedly. Today, a dispicable cadre of money business men have taken over and ruined the once great sport. Boxing will never return to its former glory. The .com crowd now rule the roost.

Comment

Exactly. These dudes want to keep their top guys winning as long as they can up until a big $$$$ fight comes along. Then they point the finger at the other guy and play the media.
            Seems like just yesterday, that GGG was considered the "Best Middleweight Ever!" LMAO!

Comment

Dunn, did you see this?

Keith Thurman Vs. Shawn Porter Being Dicussed For Fall
              June 9, 2021

​​"Sources: A rematch between former welterweight champions Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter is being discussed for the fall. Their 2016 meeting was an excellent fight, one of the best of the year. Thurman retained his 147-pound title with a close decision victory. Both with PBC,” said @MikeCoppinger.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...or-fall/180404

Comment

Dunn, did you see this?

Keith Thurman Vs. Shawn Porter Being Dicussed For Fall
                June 9, 2021

​​"Sources: A rematch between former welterweight champions Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter is being discussed for the fall. Their 2016 meeting was an excellent fight, one of the best of the year. Thurman retained his 147-pound title with a close decision victory. Both with PBC,” said @MikeCoppinger.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...or-fall/180404
                No. Lmfao. Thurman hasn’t done a f-cking thing since losing to, excuse me barely beating, josesito lopez other than letting manny spank him.

Crawford should be fighting porter .

Comment

.. basically GGG signed to DAZN as a promotional entity but then needed Eddie to promote (turns out this needs actual work/staff) but this ends up with a contract that says ...

GGG fights whoever he wants for mega-money unfortunately .. DAZN really dropped the ball on this one.

Comment

I think the translation is that Eddie is short on $ and needs a hand out. Kid is just trying to provoke and then he'll ask Floyd to come back and fight one of his guys.. worked for Connor & Paul, so Eddie is giving it a try.

Talk, talk, talk, while other promoters are making interesting moves.

Comment

Originally posted by samy787 View Post
                      People are really starting to lose there mind. Eddy heard talks alot of bull. I used to like him . I dont know what people saw I watched the whole thing twice floyd bullied him around the ring . He he held back on putting combinations together. He carried him for fun. The reason floyd doesn't compete is which he says he cant train everyday his body is in pain he said for this he trained 1 day and rested a few . For to be honest I expected floyd too look really old before but he looked sharp and if his body didn't have the pain and was able to do a full camp he would still have the skills to dominate anyone out there. He trained like an animal none stop and his body has wear and tear . He is worn out but skill wise he is still the best
                      Any other excuses you want to throw in there?

Floyd did pursue Paul around the ring. Paul was hanging on desperately a lot of the time because he was exhausted. But I don't believe for one second that Mayweather held back or carried him for fun. Mayweather wanted the knockout, but couldn't get it because Paul was too big and Mayweather was too old.

All this stuff about wear and tears is just excuses. The crux of the matter is that one of the best boxers went in against someone who can hardly box and couldn't finish him, which creates a bad impression of boxing as a sport to the casual viewer.

Yes, Floyd made a lot of money from this event. Yes, Floyd was a great boxer over his career. This is all true. But so is the bit about giving a bad impression of boxing to the casual sportsfan.
                      Last edited by Monty Fisto; 06-11-2021, 07:27 AM.
                      wileyhemi wileyhemi Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X