Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Must Be Ruthless To Beat Usyk or Career Could Be Derailed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Must Be Ruthless To Beat Usyk or Career Could Be Derailed

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, says his boxer must bring his A-game if he intends to overcome mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk. Joshua vs. Usyk is heading to a showdown on a date in September at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

davefromvancouv davefromvancouv likes this.

Comment

"Usyk, who like Joshua captured Olympic gold in the 2012 games" Correction: Usyk, who unlike Joshua actually won and was not gifted Olympic gold in the 2012 games...,

Comment

I don't know why he says it could derail his career. If he loses its just a rematch in that 50ft Saudi ring.

Comment

If this fight had happened first fight after he dropped the cruiserweight belts I would have leaned towards usyk for this but after seeing his transition fights in hw so far i don't believe he can beat AJ, but styles make fights so it could be that usyk is all wrong for AJ but right now after what I've seen, especially the performance against chisora, my money's on AJ

Comment

It blows my mind that Eddie is even trying to make out this fight is a risk for AJ, Usyk lost a step too many moving up and he's putting on even more weight for this fight it'll be an easy nights work but he even tried to make Pulev sound like a killer so...

Comment

Damn Eddie! The man is under enough pressure as it is. Please don't dump this load of rubbish on him too. All Anthony Joshua needs to do in order to win this fight is to just last the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by I have no ears View Post
                If this fight had happened first fight after he dropped the cruiserweight belts I would have leaned towards usyk for this but after seeing his transition fights in hw so far i don't believe he can beat AJ, but styles make fights so it could be that usyk is all wrong for AJ but right now after what I've seen, especially the performance against chisora, my money's on AJ
                Agreed, had the same thoughts early on, then Chisora... Usyk seemed so shocked by the incoming power that he wasn't committing. To often, the head was leaning away and the body wasn't far behind ready to move. I think he'll go for it this time around but, I wouldn't bet on him.

I'm also one of those guys that thinks some HW in the rumored undercard like Big Baby etc. are good enough to shock guys in the current HW top 5...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  I don't know why he says it could derail his career. If he loses its just a rematch in that 50ft Saudi ring.
                  18 footer in London. Usyk isn't boxing his way out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by I have no ears View Post
                    Chisora was only successful mauling Usyk while pinning his arm. He had very little success while trying to Box Usyk, in fact he was hurt a few times while trying to do so! AJ is nowhere that type of boxer, he is more of a well rounded boxer. If they try to box in the center of the ring Usyk will do far better than anyone is thinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X