Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Mayweather-Paul PPV is Projected To Generate at Least 1 Million Buys Domestically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

He took these exhibitions because they came with huge paydays. If you were offered these opportunities would you take them?
    Lets just call it what it is. Floyd only made low risk high reward fights when he became the a side, now its strictly no risk high reward fights.

If he was so afraid for his health by climbing into the ring, why keep doing it when you are supposed to make a ton of money with these smart investments.

Insert Floyd excuse here:

Last edited by djtmal; 06-10-2021, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

You answered your own question Dunn, I don't like him. I don't respect him as a fighter or as a man. There are very few fighters I feel this way about. You can add Hopkins, Saunders, Ali, Wilder, and Kovalev to that list as well. But that's besides the point. In past fights I've seen where networks and promoters try to hype PPV sales or just don't talk about it when they flop or fall short of expectations. This was an event that everyone involved anticipated 3-million buys and Floyd claimed he'd earn over $100 million. It fell well short of that. Initial reports were in the 650K buys, now they say it's over a million. Financially this is a decent haul, but not nearly as lucrative as expected.
    The Initial reports were only for one aspect. Didn’t you read the article? It didn’t include international or streaming numbers.

ok so you don’t like him but you’re angry he is successful. That is just strange.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

You can admit you were wrong any time now...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackjon...h=25d213d167bd

Stop pretending you are so much smarter than everyone else here. You have no inside knowledge to what is being earned. Floyd himself said he expected to earn over $100 Million for this fight.
    LOL, act smarter than everyone else here? No, never....Do I know numbers and what these fights do more than most? Absolutely.

So because of THIS article you think the promotion or SHO thought they were going to generate over 3M buys? Ha!!!! Again, that would be the THIRD biggest PPV of all time. Bigger than Mayweather vs Oscar or Mayweather vs Canelo or Conor vs Khabib. Get real!

Floyd can say what he wants, there was no way in hell he was getting 100M. I'm sure he made good money off sponsors, but 100M? Joshua and Fury likely were not getting that for their fight. Let's live in reality for a moment.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

NO ONE expected 3 million buys. Are you kidding me? Where did you get that nonsense from? Do you know how many PPVs have surpassed that number EVER? Only two, and they were Mayweather vs Pacquiao and Mayweather vs McGregor.

Initial reports were 650k TV buys.....Which could be true since the million number includes streaming buys off the SHO and fanmio app.

I don't think you realize how difficult it is to reach the million PPV buys mark. As I stated, Fury vs Wilder II didn't even reach that mark.

And no promoter nor network has said anything about the buys for this card. This is coming from boxing reporters NOT the actual network or promoter.
    You can admit you were wrong any time now...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackjon...h=25d213d167bd

Stop pretending you are so much smarter than everyone else here. You have no inside knowledge to what is being earned. Floyd himself said he expected to earn over $100 Million for this fight.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

You answered your own question Dunn, I don't like him. I don't respect him as a fighter or as a man. There are very few fighters I feel this way about. You can add Hopkins, Saunders, Ali, Wilder, and Kovalev to that list as well. But that's besides the point. In past fights I've seen where networks and promoters try to hype PPV sales or just don't talk about it when they flop or fall short of expectations. This was an event that everyone involved anticipated 3-million buys and Floyd claimed he'd earn over $100 million. It fell well short of that. Initial reports were in the 650K buys, now they say it's over a million. Financially this is a decent haul, but not nearly as lucrative as expected.
    NO ONE expected 3 million buys. Are you kidding me? Where did you get that nonsense from? Do you know how many PPVs have surpassed that number EVER? Only two, and they were Mayweather vs Pacquiao and Mayweather vs McGregor.

Initial reports were 650k TV buys.....Which could be true since the million number includes streaming buys off the SHO and fanmio app.

I don't think you realize how difficult it is to reach the million PPV buys mark. As I stated, Fury vs Wilder II didn't even reach that mark.

And no promoter nor network has said anything about the buys for this card. This is coming from boxing reporters NOT the actual network or promoter.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Why do you want Floyd to fail so much? I get you don’t like him but without any information you’ve already decided the number is false.

why?

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Doubt we will ever know the real numbers. Seems like real PPV numbers are getting harder to tally as of late. At $50 a pop, and networks, cable companies and internet providers getting more than half the take, it is not nearly as lucrative as the 3 million plus buys they first anticipated. Floyd told TMZ he would make over a $100 million on his fight. Nope!

Anyone know the live gate? Attendance looked abysmal.
    Why do you want Floyd to fail so much? I get you don’t like him but without any information you’ve already decided the number is false.

why?

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by Marktko1020 View Post

I hate Floyd and didn’t pay for this b.s. fight. I knew nobody was going to get hurt and it would be rigged to ensure neither fighter got hurt or look bad, although, they both put on a **** show. I only took the time to see a highlight of the fight to see how ridiculously fake it would appear. Just like Floyd’s fake fight with that Japanese boy. The fight highlights between douche bags Floyd and Paul was only like a minute and half long if I care to remember out of an 8 round, 3 minute per round fight. This speaks for itself of how boring and fake the entire fight must have been. I don’t care how much either of them earned. I care and have far more respect for fighters such as Oscar Valdez and Miguel Berchelt. The fight between them was a classic boxer vs brawler. Valdez was the underdog even though he was an undefeated champion. Valdez put on a masterful boxing display, and still gave the fans a bonus knockout of the year candidate. I’m sure neither Valdez or Berchelt earned the money that douche bags Paul or Mayweather earned, which is a shame and disrespectful to the sport. So if I hate Floyd we need to address the people that love Floyd and call him the best boxer ever. They are in denial that the majority of Floyd’s fights have consisted of a pitty-pat, running and illegal excessive holding that never cost him a single warning or point loss. They don’t ponder why Floyd will only fight in Vegas where he can rig and manipulate almost every aspect of a fight. To include shooting up his hands with numbing drugs and using banned IV’s that is highly suspect of masking PED use. Also to impose ridiculous stipulations on his opponents and even paying them to ensure to have an advantage. Their secret love for Floyd has them saying we only hate Floyd because he has earned the most money. I counter that by saying they love Floyd so much for his money yet he doesn’t pay their rent or mortgage. They care so much about how much he earns as if they secretly want to be on Floyd’s Ho payroll. For all the money Floyd has, I truly believe he took this sham of a fight because it is difficult to maintain his life style. If he were set then I don’t think he would have wasted his time with the Japanese boy or douche bag Paul. This story is still yet to play out.
    What cash cow hasn’t imposed the same stipulations in their opponents?

No one loves Floyd because of his money. We like his fighting ability same way you like Valdez or Berchelt. What my does it bother you that we like a different style than you do?

He took these exhibitions because they came with huge paydays. If you were offered these opportunities would you take them?

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    people watch when the best fight the best

Leave a comment:

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

I thought it was because people were crying that kids were being held in cages after coming to America illegal which is a felony. I was watching the news and they were talking about how the smallest places in Mexico has twice the murders that Chicago has even though Chicago has a way larger population.

492 people were killed in Chicago in 2019 compared to 2500 who were killed in Chihuahua. Chicago has a population of 2.8M Chihuahua has a population of 850K. That’s absolutely crazy.

F5E6E144-3B15-4768-B092-28367C81CE15.jpeg13FD7B62-AC10-4689-A870-D9613F82DAAA.jpeg
    3DC628F2-BD25-4C4C-B968-DBD4BC7849DC.jpeg
    Why are you showing me that? I'm not from Mexico. Show me Texas stats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X