Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney: Why Wouldn't I Want Teofimo Fight Next? I Wanna Become Real Undisputed King

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney: Why Wouldn't I Want Teofimo Fight Next? I Wanna Become Real Undisputed King

LAS VEGAS - Nothing that transpired during his win over Jorge Linares altered Devin Haney's plans. The WBC world lightweight champion still wants to fight Teofimo Lopez next. Now that Haney has beaten Linares, Lopez must win his June 19 fight against Australia's George Kambosos Jr. to remain in position to face the unbeaten Haney in his subsequent bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ideally, I’d like to see Haney-Garcia next, think it’s a great fight for both, can’t blame Haney for wanting to unify next though and it’s not like Teofimo has that many other options.

That being said I got Teofimo by KO early. Just think he’s far better.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Ideally, I’d like to see Haney-Garcia next, think it’s a great fight for both, can’t blame Haney for wanting to unify next though and it’s not like Teofimo has that many other options.

That being said I got Teofimo by KO early. Just think he’s far better.
      Yeah me too he has enough boxing ability to land his shots and I believe he KO's Haney in the first half
      NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Yeah me too he has enough boxing ability to land his shots and I believe he KO's Haney in the first half
        Yeah that’s exactly how I see it. Haney could potentially outbox Garcia and some of the other Lightweights but I just don’t see him being able to outbox Teofimo. I just see Teofimo catching him within the early round exchanges and taking him out.
        NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

That would be one of the better fights to be made today. It's a 50/50 fight. Haney can outbox Lopez, and Teofimo could possibly stop him or also outpoint him.

Lopez might feel overconfident after seeing Haney hurt late in the Linares fight. Haney had a very polished performance, other than that blip.
          TrillScottHeron, Ray* and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I could see that if Haney tries to be overly aggressive to please the fans, but not if he looks to box and score points. Teo likes to counter from behind a shell defense but Haney has the range to touch him without over-committing. Either way it’s an intriguing fight.

Comment

Easy scalp for Teo.

Comment

Hopefully ESPN makes a better offer though I can see the silver spoon kid from Essex getting this since ESPN most likely doesn’t rate Haney v Lopez as a needle mover worthy of American sports fan interest. 2-3 years ago this is an HBO Championship Boxing main event

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
                  Easy scalp for Teo.
                  don't be so sure. Haney has the skills to win no,if and or but.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

I could see that if Haney tries to be overly aggressive to please the fans, but not if he looks to box and score points. Teo likes to counter from behind a shell defense but Haney has the range to touch him without over-committing. Either way it’s an intriguing fight.
                    Yes it is and I agree it could be difficult for Teo if Haney brings his A game and forces Teo to follow him

Comment

Working...
                    X